What's new

Cade Shaving Soap

I had an unpleasant reaction to a Cade Shaving Cream sample I used, and just used the Cade Shaving Soap and loved it.

I checked the official L'Occitane website and the SC listed shea butter as an ingredient, which I've suspected I'm mildly allergic to from other bad reactions (AOS shaving balm being one); whereas the SS did NOT list shea butter as an ingredient.

Anyone else had a better experience with their SS than SC?

i havent used shaving soaps yet, but i can tell you that the shaving cream was somewhat problematic to lather correctly, might be a design flaw, might be that i gut a bad batch (it was thicker and dryer then proraso and nivea)

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've got one waiting in the wings and will be using it any day now, as soon as I use up what's left of my AOS lemon soap. I'll see how it works with my sensitive skin.

From the website:

Refillable aluminum bowl with lid coddles a generous round of unique vegetable-based shaving soap that develops into a rich lather. Soap is enriched with our purifying Cade essential oil complex, nourishing Shea Butter, cold cream and macadamia nut oil. A delight to own and use.

Seems like it probably has Shea Butter in the soap.

J

From the website:

Refillable aluminum bowl with lid coddles a generous round of unique vegetable-based shaving soap that develops into a rich lather. Soap is enriched with our purifying Cade essential oil complex, nourishing Shea Butter, cold cream and macadamia nut oil. A delight to own and use.

Seems like it probably has Shea Butter in the soap.

J

Good point, but again, on the same website, if you click on the tab for ingredients, it has five for the cream (including shea butter) and four for the soap (dropping only shea butter). Also, if you look at the actual ingredient list on the packaging when you buy them, shea butter is listed on the cream but ommitted for the soap [I have a L'Occitaine store in the mall under the building where I work]. I suspect they made a mistake in the area you cited.

Good point, but again, on the same website, if you click on the tab for ingredients, it has five for the cream (including shea butter) and four for the soap (dropping only shea butter). Also, if you look at the actual ingredient list on the packaging when you buy them, shea butter is listed on the cream but ommitted for the soap [I have a L'Occitaine store in the mall under the building where I work]. I suspect they made a mistake in the area you cited.

You are quite possibly correct - a call, email, or just trusting the product packaging should do it. If you are seriously concerned, your dermatologist should be able to do an allergy test.

J

You are quite possibly correct - a call, email, or just trusting the product packaging should do it. If you are seriously concerned, your dermatologist should be able to do an allergy test.

J

great idea. just sent an email to the maker. we'll see what they say.

My shave prep consists of Musgo Lime Oil Soap. I had a reaction this morning to my brand new puck of Cade soap. I purchased the puck last week.
I am hoping the CADE is reacting to the Lime Oil. I wonder if L'Occcitane change their formula?

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I tried the CADE for the first time last night and it was one of the worst shaves I have had. It burned my face and left me with a lot of red bumps, which of course got irritated by the razor.

I might give it a second try after it sits out a while. But I am in no hurry. I also did not find it to be very lubricating. I've been waiting patiently for about a month just to open it and boy what a let down. :mad:

I tried the CADE for the first time last night and it was one of the worst shaves I have had. It burned my face and left me with a lot of red bumps, which of course got irritated by the razor.

I might give it a second try after it sits out a while. But I am in no hurry. I also did not find it to be very lubricating. I've been waiting patiently for about a month just to open it and boy what a let down. :mad:

Yikes, it's one of my favorites, sounds like you may have an allergy, very sorry to hear that. Maybe try taking it back? Otherwise should be able to unload it on the B/S/T forum. Best of luck.

J

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Yikes, it's one of my favorites, sounds like you may have an allergy, very sorry to hear that. Maybe try taking it back? Otherwise should be able to unload it on the B/S/T forum. Best of luck.

J

I guess it just goes to prove there is no "best" soap that everyone will like. The nice thing is I don't have to spend three months using it up now, before trying the next, which will either be AOS sandlewood or C&E Sienna. I think I'll try the C&E just in case it flops, then I can go back to AOS.

Sorry to hear it. Product allergies stink. :thumbdown

actually, its a good thing he found the allergy by applying to the skin insted of actuall from something he ate, or worst, from medicine,

Top Bottom