What's new

Bye, Bye P320??

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
When my oldest boy turned 21, I bought him his first 9mm pistol which was the Steyr M9 A1 with the trapezoid sights...have you seen how much they are worth now that they have been discontinued? Great shooting gun and collectible...
That’s a smart son you have there, Ron ... but not too surprising in that his dad was smart enough to give him a Steyr ... flying beneath most folk’s level of awareness, they are unsung & highly underrated pistols.

I literally stumbled onto a Steyr a few years back while perusing .357 SIG videos on youtube ... prior to that, I had never even heard of a Steyr M357-A1. Already having been discontinued, I was aghast when I saw how much those used & rare(!) M357s were selling for. Began spending time on the Steyr Club forums & learned that a number of members were working with Mike @ Rim Country Mfg. to produce .357 SIG barrels for their S, M & L40-A1s. That same evening I located & purchased a new (& soon to be discontinued) L40 for sub-$400. Upon receiving it, it went straightaway to RCM to serve as their L40-A1, .357 SIG barrel pattern/test pistol & a few weeks later & no worse for wear, Mike returned it along a new .357 SIG barrel, at no charge.

Have you heard or read about or Steyr’s latest pistol, the (9mm) A2? As with A1, it retains Jay Leno’s chin & a parrot beak trigger, but once I get past those, I find it to be quite the looker ... and apparently, quite the shooter.

Steyr MF-A2:

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
That’s a smart son you have there, Ron ... but not too surprising in that his dad was smart enough to give him a Steyr ... flying beneath most folk’s level of awareness, they are unsung & highly underrated pistols.

I literally stumbled onto a Steyr a few years back while perusing .357 SIG videos on youtube ... prior to that, I had never even heard of a Steyr M357-A1. Already having been discontinued, I was aghast when I saw how much those used & rare(!) M357s were selling for. Began spending time on the Steyr Club forums & learned that a number of members were working with Mike @ Rim Country Mfg. to produce .357 SIG barrels for their S, M & L40-A1s. That same evening I located & purchased a new (& soon to be discontinued) L40 for sub-$400. Upon receiving it, it went straightaway to RCM to serve as their L40-A1, .357 SIG barrel pattern/test pistol & a few weeks later & no worse for wear, Mike returned it along a new .357 SIG barrel, at no charge.

Have you heard or read about or Steyr’s latest pistol, the (9mm) A2? As with A1, it retains Jay Leno’s chin & a parrot beak trigger, but once I get past those, I find it to be quite the looker ... and apparently, quite the shooter.

Steyr MF-A2:

Lol’d, Jay Leno’s chin. :)

I actually really like the rail positioning on the frame and slight forward angle of the A2. It puts the bezel glass Of smaller, compact weapon lights just in front of the barrels crown instead of flush with it.

Last edited:
We had a Deputy drop his Glock 19 in the locker room while changing. Three lockers died, fortunately no one was injured. Glocks are supposed to be impossible to drop fire, but I was one of the folks in the room and saw it. He carried it off duty in an open top holster, was in a hurry and didn't remove the gun. Dropped his pants, the holster flipped around and the gun fell. Did he try to grab it as it fell and hit the trigger, like the FBI dancer? None of us saw him actually touch it. Armorer could not find any fault with the gun, but completely rebuilt the thing out of an abundance of caution. I now believe any dropped pistol, with a lot of Murphy's assistance, may go bang.

Now how does one go bang in a holster? Murphy? Beats me.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
We had a Deputy drop his Glock 19 in the locker room while changing. Three lockers died, fortunately no one was injured. Glocks are supposed to be impossible to drop fire, but I was one of the folks in the room and saw it...

Wait for it....
YEA BUT; YEA BUT; YEA BUT................

“Now how does one go bang in a holster? Murphy? Beats me.”

Perhaps...
The Kneski discharge was investigated by Major Peter J. Villani of the United States Veterans Affairs police agency, also a SIG-certified armorer. In his report, he noted the following: After reviewing the Officer’s sidearm, it was noted that the P-320 came from Sig Sauer to the distributor prior to the point of sale already with the “upgrade” completed. The sidearm had approximately 100 rounds through it since purchased. Upon further examination of the internal parts of the frame module, I noticed that the foot of the striker that catches the [sear] has noticeable side to side and up and down movement within its channel along with upward movement of the slide from the frame. Also, the edge of the striker foot which has a height thickness of approximately 2mm, is only making contact with approximately .25 of a mm of the leading edge only of the disconnector hook. Since the striker has been changed with a lighter weight version during the “upgrade program”, it is quite possible that any abrupt movement or twisting of the P-320 while holstered, could cause the foot of the striker to disengage itself from the disconnector hook on its own since there is so little contact between the striker foot and the [sear].

Last edited:
I’d take a pink one. 😊

Not pink but been known to tote one of these occasionally. The color actually works pretty well when you're trying to look like a rock.

20200725_151706.jpg

Very nice & especially so, sandwiched in those Nill-Griffe panels ... I like their 210 Swiss Cross grip panels so much so, that I could almost justify the purchase of a Swiss P210 so as to have something to affix said panels to!

Photo & pistol compliments of, Ken Lunde

Yeah, I'll have one of those! :thumbup: Do love the Nill-Griffes....

Top Bottom