What's new

Butch

Have any of you guys tried the "Butch" parfum by Nancy Boy? I was reading about it on their website and it sounds like a very good product ... at least as far as natural ingredients. Their description of the scent is also very intriging. I know that Nancy Boy does not offer samples but I wonder if they would spray a test-strip for you and mail it off .... ? :idea:

$50 for a 1oz. spray is pretty steep ... :blink:

The only think holding me back was the price. Not that it's SO ridiculous, but I just don't have any room/need for more. There I go rationalizing again...:blushing:

As part of her Christmas present, I purchased the "Fem" for my wife. It is VERY high quality with a great scent. The description was about perfect.

I suspect it is perfume level with regard to the percent of EO in the product.

I'm sure I'll weaken sooner or later...:a35:

Absolutely! (and so do I)

In typical NB fashion, the presentation is great as well. The box is full of a potpourri of dried flowers and buds, etc. The box alone in your bathroom (or where ever) makes a really nice room freshener.

Best of all - it's different than anything she may find at the mall, etc.

When I first saw this thread, I thought it would be about "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", you know, a movie about two cowboys:eek: ....nevermind.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
When I first saw this thread, I thought it would be about "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", you know, a movie about two cowboys:eek: ....nevermind.

Randy
Wondered about those two.. Brokeback mountin'? With Etta hangin' around, who would piddle around with a bicycle..

HlSheppard said:
Absolutely! (and so do I)

In typical NB fashion, the presentation is great as well. The box is full of a potpourri of dried flowers and buds, etc. The box alone in your bathroom (or where ever) makes a really nice room freshener.

Best of all - it's different than anything she may find at the mall, etc.

Well, I finally got a sample vial of Butch. INCREDIBLE scent ... lasts about 30 minutes. Very dissapointed. Maybe it's me - maybe I didn't put enough on. I just rubbed some into my wrist from the vial. Maybe it's different from the spray bottle. Smells so natural ... like you're walking through a nursery and smelling a hundred different plants. The top notes almost smell like the chocolate ... but quickly giving way to the natural, green, plant essences. I love this scent and I really really want to buy a bottle ... but at $50 for 1oz ... I'm having a hard time with it. They could at least give you a 1.7oz for that price .. don't ya think ??

- Dave

djr7572 said:
Well, I finally got a sample vial of Butch. INCREDIBLE scent ... lasts about 30 minutes. Very dissapointed. Maybe it's me - maybe I didn't put enough on. I just rubbed some into my wrist from the vial. Maybe it's different from the spray bottle. Smells so natural ... like you're walking through a nursery and smelling a hundred different plants. The top notes almost smell like the chocolate ... but quickly giving way to the natural, green, plant essences. I love this scent and I really really want to buy a bottle ... but at $50 for 1oz ... I'm having a hard time with it. They could at least give you a 1.7oz for that price .. don't ya think ??

- Dave

I haven't tried Butch yet. It's pretty expensive for only 1oz. How about a huge 6oz bottle of Brooks Brothers 1818? It can usually be had for under $50.:thumbup1:

roughrider said:
I haven't tried Butch yet. It's pretty expensive for only 1oz. How about a huge 6oz bottle of Brooks Brothers 1818? It can usually be had for under $50.:thumbup1:

I hear a lot about 1818 but I've never tried it. Can you describe it? It seems to be a favorite of a guys on this forum.

- Dave

djr7572 said:
I hear a lot about 1818 but I've never tried it. Can you describe it? It seems to be a favorite of a guys on this forum.

- Dave

I'm not really good at describing fragrances. 1818 is one of my favorites. I think you can check www.basenotes.net

Also, if you have a brooks brothers store near you, stop by and check it out.

roughrider said:
I'm not really good at describing fragrances. 1818 is one of my favorites. I think you can check www.basenotes.net

Also, if you have a brooks brothers store near you, stop by and check it out.

Actually, surprisingly enough, 1818 is not on Basenotes. I searched under Brooks Brothers and it's not listed. There's a store here where I live though so I'll have to check it out.

djr7572 said:
Actually, surprisingly enough, 1818 is not on Basenotes. I searched under Brooks Brothers and it's not listed. There's a store here where I live though so I'll have to check it out.

Check it out when you get a chance. I think you'll like it.

I just received a sample vile of Butch, and I think that it is great. My fiance, who usually likes more citrusy type scents, but she loves this one. Said it "turns her on" which is enough for me. It is pricey for a 1 oz. bottle, but it's unique and high quality. Should last a while, too. For me, just some swipes on the wrist and the neck from the test vile and I can still smell it just lightly on me about 8 hours later. That's with my wrist up to my nose, but still.

Anyone else wearing this one now?

mscott said:
I just received a sample vile of Butch, and I think that it is great. My fiance, who usually likes more citrusy type scents, but she loves this one. Said it "turns her on" which is enough for me. It is pricey for a 1 oz. bottle, but it's unique and high quality. Should last a while, too. For me, just some swipes on the wrist and the neck from the test vile and I can still smell it just lightly on me about 8 hours later. That's with my wrist up to my nose, but still.

What are you waiting for, man?!! Buy it in bulk!

mscott said:

Sample vile, huh? That is an interesting concept for a fragrance :biggrin: . Perhaps they should try sample vials next time :biggrin: :wink:

Top Bottom