What's new

BRW Bull Mastiff with EJ89 - Post Pics

Am considering ordering a BRW Bull Mastiff handle for my EJ89. Any one care to share pics of their EJ89 with any of Bob's handles.?

I tried putting an EJ head on my Bull Mastiff handle ... it didn't seem to want to go smoothly, and I certainly didn't want to force it.

I'm sure that ccb can make a handle that WILL fit the EJ threads, just be sure and specify that when you place the order.

Instead, I put a Stahly head on mine, and it shaves like a dream ... I call this The WBF ... World's Best FrankenRazor.

I don't have pics right now but I have used Bob's handles without a problem on EJ heads. The colors will not quite match up but you get used to it. Bob uses nickel plating on the handles and EJ head will be polished stainless. Nickel to my eye has a slight yellow cast to it. I don't think pics will help show the color difference all that well. If you want a perfect match buy a Merkur 1904 that has a nickel finish.

I don't have pics right now but I have used Bob's handles without a problem on EJ heads. The colors will not quite match up but you get used to it. Bob uses nickel plating on the handles and EJ head will be polished stainless. Nickel to my eye has a slight yellow cast to it. I don't think pics will help show the color difference all that well. If you want a perfect match buy a Merkur 1904 that has a nickel finish.

The 1904 paired with a BRW piece is a very nice combo.

I use a BRW NEW head on a 1904 handle. A real looker and an effective shaver.

I tried putting an EJ head on my Bull Mastiff handle ... it didn't seem to want to go smoothly, and I certainly didn't want to force it.

I'm sure that ccb can make a handle that WILL fit the EJ threads, just be sure and specify that when you place the order.

Instead, I put a Stahly head on mine, and it shaves like a dream ... I call this The WBF ... World's Best FrankenRazor.

Have you checked with Bob? Am sure that the handle should fit an EJ as well as a Gillette.

I posted my ej with the "improved" model 3 1/4" handle before, I will repost when I get home, it's wonderful!!! Don't hesitate to buy from him, his stuff is top shelf. He is one of my highly recommended vendors, I don't even hesitate to recommend those handles!! It made my ej even better!!

Top Bottom