What's new

Brut Cologne

Hey guys,
I have tried the Brut Aftershave about 3-4 years ago but never used it again after I found balms that were a lot more soothing and didn't burn.

However, I remember really loving that scent and after some reading on our forums I see they also make a cologne. Do you guys know if that is readily available at stores like CVS and Walgreens? I don't remember seeing it, but I haven't really been looking for it lately either...

Any opinions on the cologne?

Yes, it is available everywhere around here, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and other stores, too. And pretty cheap, too.

Brut is kinda nice. I used it for several years until I started using other A/S and A/S balms a few months ago.

Now I prefer Aqua Velva (my daily go to A/S) or Pinaud Clubman. I especially like the Nivea A/S balm products. I use the one with the white bottle top. It is Nivea for extra sensitive skin, as I recall.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not looking to get the A/S, but rather the cologne. After some research over at basenotes, apparently there are different versions of it. The original, stronger version is called Brut Classic while the drugstore version is a formulation that used to be called Brut 33(which is only 33% strength)...

Brut is one of the least expensive colognes around here. I think the stores have a problem keeping it in stock because the bums buy it to drink.

LOL....I had to say it.

Brut is one of the least expensive colognes around here. I think the stores have a problem keeping it in stock because the bums buy it to drink.

LOL....I had to say it.

As they used to say "Brut, After shower, After Shave, After anything.:aureola:

I like the scent of Brut. Its one of my favourite cheap fragrances. I wonder why they dropped the '33' years ago?

From my reading over at basenotes, the old '33' is the current drugstore cologne you find.

The original is now marketed as the 'classic' and is not found in most stores, but is still in production and can be found online...

I remember reading one member quoting a famous perfumer saying Brut was in the top 10 of best colognes ever created!

Funny that you mention this. When I got my Floris samples a while back, my first reaction to #89 was...BRUT! When I first applied Penhaligon Douro, my first reaction was...wow, this is a lot like Brut...but definately slightly different and in an appealing way :smile: .

Top Bottom