What's new

*Brush Wars* Contender #3 Kent BK4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BK4 is truly a gem to look at. I am not sure what it is about this brush - but the wonderful bulbous shape to it, is truly something to behold. Really a superb look to the brush and it seems to have top notch fit and finish. On its maiden voyage, it lost a hair or two (normal) and performed quite well. One thing is for certain.... this brushes knot is loose as Madonna. Not necessarily a BAD thing, but this is a SUPER floppy shaving brush, arguably more so than a similarly sized vulfix. While "floppy" may SOUND bad, it is not particularly a negative quality. This Kent feels exceptionally soft, and is incredibly easy/delicate on your face. There is ZERO "scrubbing" action with this brush, as it immediately splays out all over your face, however due to its size, it is very easy to control, and does a remarkable job at transferring the lather to your face, and by that I mean, some brushes make tons of wonderful lather - but do to their hair attributes/knot density, it can be a little tricky to actually get the lather from the brush to your face as it tends to keep it within the brush. The BK4 however prefers to transfer the lather to your face, which makes for exceptionally dense/meringue like lathering on your face. It may be floppy, and it may be super soft, and have a "loose" packed knot, but by god you can't a whole lot more luxurious than a kent.

This is the Rolls Royce of shaving brushes: cushy, pillowy, total luxury. While I wouldn't use this as an "everyday" brush - it sure it one hell of a fun treat to use, and I am certain I'll be using it once or twice a week in my regular rotation once the brush war has concluded.

Before first use...
full

After First use...
full

Loaded with Salter Mint...
full

full

full

SR3824 on left - Kent BK4 on right
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Status