What's new

Brush Pens

Eben Stone

Staff member
I'm currently using a Tombow Fudenosuke to practice writing Koine Greek. I have two: both the hard and soft tips. I really like these, but I don't have anything better to compare to, because in terms of pens its only been ballpoints until now. The only problem is they aren't refillable. So I'm looking for something of equal or better quality that is refillable. Any suggestions?

20221002_152822.jpg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Some thoughts:

Non refillable - Pentel Fude Touch Brush Sign Pen (slight glitter finish in pen body) are nice and I prefer them to the Fudenosuke for calligraphy or lettering with variation, although they would be geared for normal size lettering. They tend to run cheaper so may be a cost effective alternative

Refillable - Kuretake No. 8 Fountain Brush Pen, very affordable and refillable with converter cartridges (or just refill the Kuretake ones). However it will take practice compared to the Fudenosuke as it is a longer flexible tip.

Maybe look at Kuretake Cartoonist for smaller nibs although not sure if aftermarket converters work. I normally just refill the Kuretake cartridges with a syringe.

It's been a while since I looked for refillable alternatives in the Fudenosuke nib size but maybe Copic has something as well.

Top Bottom