What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

View attachment 1301062View attachment 1301067View attachment 1301068
WCS had a brush sale recently (I think they currently have their branded brushes on sale right now) so I pulled the trigger on a T2. Wanted the T3 but it was sold out. I’m not sure how much bigger the T3 is but this thing is TINY! Here it is beside an AP Shave Co cashmere in 26mm and Maggard 26mm Timberwolf.
Just checked their site. Looks like the Trafalgar T3 is back in stock. Pretty good price on them too

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. The sale was better than the current one, but this T2 is so small i don’t know if I’d be interested in a T3. Also I just did a test lather and got a bit of a rash so we’ll see.
No problem. I got my Trafalgar T2 a little over a week and a half ago and have been using it ever since with no issues. I’m thinking about getting a T3 just to see how it compares with the T2. The size issue doesn’t bother me that much because my other two brushes are on the smaller side unless the handle is on the narrow side. Then my hand will occasionally cramp up (which happens with my perfecto brush)

If you get the T3 let’s see a side by side. Personally I wanted to check out these fibers and I don’t have a Simpsons brush but always kind of wanted one for the collection even though I prefer longer barber handles to the chubby style
No problem. I got my Trafalgar T2 a little over a week and a half ago and have been using it ever since with no issues. I’m thinking about getting a T3 just to see how it compares with the T2. The size issue doesn’t bother me that much because my other two brushes are on the smaller side unless the handle is on the narrow side. Then my hand will occasionally cramp up (which happens with my perfecto brush)

6A3ED3F7-0FB2-4605-9A6D-6D223C137613.jpeg

Cheers, thanks

I know numbers aren't as fun as pics, but these might be helpful:

T2 dimensions. T3 dimensions.

If you get the T3 let’s see a side by side. Personally I wanted to check out these fibers and I don’t have a Simpsons brush but always kind of wanted one for the collection even though I prefer longer barber handles to the chubby style
I will but it might be a little while before I do. Splurged a bit this month and cutting back on shave spending. In the mean time I think Marco has all three of the Trafalgar series. Maybe he can chime in with some comparisons. I also know know one of the YouTube shavers (I want to say Paul H but not 100% on that) did a video comparison of all three of them along with some of the other brushes in his collection. Just did a comparison between my T2, perfecto and Stirling synthetic. The T2 came out just a shade shorter than the perfecto brush and maybe about half an inch shorter than the Stirling. Just guessing here but given that information I’d say the T3 might be in between the perfecto and the Stirling or fairly close to the Stirling in height.
image.jpg
Photo of my three brushes for size comparison of the three
1224A681-2B10-4019-A2DF-35F75CD0CC27.jpeg

Last edited:

I will but it might be a little while before I do. Splurged a bit this month and cutting back on shave spending. In the mean time I think Marco has all three of the Trafalgar series. Maybe he can chime in with some comparisons.

Perhaps I can help.

I no longer have a T3, but here are a couple side by side pics from when I did have all three sizes. I do still own the T1 & T2 sizes.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I acquired this beautiful Dogwood Handcrafts brush off the BST here about a year or so back. It came with a Maggard plissoft type knot which was always a good performer, but not my favorite. Well this morning while using it, I felt the knot was a bit loose, so with a solid yank it came out nice and clean. I happen to have a new AP Shave Co 30mm SynBad knot, which is my absolute favorite knot, and it fit right in perfectly! Now I have a beauty of a brush that will get TONS of use. I love it, it's like getting a brand new brush again!
IMG_0912.jpg

I acquired this beautiful Dogwood Handcrafts brush off the BST here about a year or so back. It came with a Maggard plissoft type knot which was always a good performer, but not my favorite. Well this morning while using it, I felt the knot was a bit loose, so with a solid yank it came out nice and clean. I happen to have a new AP Shave Co 30mm SynBad knot, which is my absolute favorite knot, and it fit right in perfectly! Now I have a beauty of a brush that will get TONS of use. I love it, it's like getting a brand new brush again!
View attachment 1304608

Beautiful Brush.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Nice! The knot and handle compliment each other nicely. I have one of those knots in 24mm. It’s a nice one for sure.
View attachment 1304608

'Scuse my two day late entry, please. :blushing:

Today was another early Christmas. :clap:

Here's my present (to me) just out of the box, the new-kid-on-the-block:
Black-Shavemac-20-48-Silvertip-2-Band-1_2021-08-03.jpg

Then after a shave preparation clean:
Black-Shavemac-20-48-Silvertip-2-Band-2_2021-08-03.jpg

I love the Semogue Torga shape, so when I spotted Shavemac's "120" I had to have it. I went with my favorite 20mm knot but increased the loft a tad to 48mm to boost the flow-through.

Top Bottom