What's new

Brush Acquisition Thread

Mail Call: Declaration Jefferson 28mm (b9a) in matte unicorn bone color
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
If you'll recall (how could you forget?), I sold off 6 brushes in May/June, only to make room for another 6 brushes. They have been trickling in the past month or so. All accounted for but one, which might take a few months. I have no restraint, only compulsive buying here!
If you ever want to unload the Ruby Duke, please let me know.

Does the Manchurian have more or less scritch than the Best?
I am not sure about scritch, but a bit more backbone and scrub factor. I am learning that I like backbone and scrub. Density doesn't always compute to backbone and scrub. You can have a dense knot that is too soft and floppy, at least for my taste. I think of scritch as uncomfortable and scrub as ahhhhhh, that feels good! Of course, YMMV. Haha.

Edit: The Duke 3 Best is a great brush, btw!

D46FB168-0406-4507-8F79-181434A3BA1A.jpeg
Thoroughly enjoying this Duke 3 Best I received the other day. Best is always a gamble but I feel like I scored the jackpot with this one. Super soft tips and zero scritch from the get go. The few black hairs don’t translate to the face feel at all. On top of that, ideal density. The Chubbys are border line too dense but this is just right. This brush is pretty much ideal in every way from the hair, the knot size, shape and handle. This could be my favorite Simpson so far. 1 hair lost in three shaves and two test lathers. I can forgive that. All up a great addition to the den.

Top Bottom