What's new

Broken Tabac bowl - replacement needed

I have just received my package containing the Tabac soap in a bowl, but it arrived broken :frown:.

My question is: where can I get a bowl fit for the Tabac soap? I have seen Mama Bear has a nice wooden bowl, not too expensive. Would it fit my Tabac?
Can you recommend me some alternatives?

I don't have in my country Wal Mart and such, so looking for an online shop.

I am sorry for you. Do you have Ikea in Bucharest? They'll probably stock something that fits the soap.

If you are looking to save money find a small plastic storage container available at a grocery, it will have a lid and you should be able to find one approximately the right size. Other may have ideas or melting or milling it down to fit glass containers as well.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
So sad that your bowl arrived broken. It is a fantastic container... maybe one of the best values in all of shavedom. I hope you find a suitable replacement container and enjoy the Magic of TABAC!!!

If you ordered the Tabac from any reputable seller, let them know that the bowl arrived broken. If it was a trade or if someone sent the bowl for you, then checking IKEA may be a good idea.

It was from a very reputable seller in Europe. I won't name them since I have ordered from them in the past without any problems. I have sent them an e-mail with pictures attached, but I haven't received any answer. The mail was sent 2 days ago. Maybe it is a busy period from them or something.

I broke the top of my Mitchell's Woolfat Shave soap - in two pieces I might add - Anyway I found some kind of super glue and put it back together. Just did it tonight. Seems to be holding up.

V

VR6ofpain

They make special glues for glass (which is what the Tabac bowl is made of) and ceramics. Pick some up at your local grocery store/market.

Unfortunately it was shattered in 4 bigger pieces and a dozen or so smaller ones. So I guess glueing is out of the question.

Problem solved. The merchant sent me another empty bowl, this time packaged more carefully, and he also included some bonuses in the pack. I absolutely love the bowl, it feels so classy.

J

Jarmo P

I am glad to hear this that you got a new one.
I actually ordered Tabac bowl twice. A refill would have been ok, but you never know when you might brake the only one.

Same here. Or it could be -cough- discontinued...

I wouldn't worry too much; as long as you can buy them in a brick and mortar store in Dutch towns I don't expect any problems with the continuety of this stuff in the, not so, near future...

Top Bottom