What's new

Brewing Turkish çay.

I came back from Turkey with half a kilo loose tea, and, unable to find a double pot or a Samovar, I have invented a method that is quite the same. All you need is.
  1. A pot or kettle.
  2. A teapot
  3. An Espresso machine.
  4. Black tea.
  5. Water.
Turkish tea is a very concentrated black tea, which is diluted with water to taste. So, our first step will be bring water to boil and pour it over the tea, aprox. one tablespoonful per person. Then, put it on the top of the Espresso machine, which should be on from a few minutes, in order to keep it hot.
Alternatively, you can put it on a stove top, or else somewhere hot.
Then, after about fifteen minutes, pour tea to the glass or cup, and dillute with near-boiling water, coming from the espresso machine, or wherever can keep hot water. Add sugar to taste and... Ready!

I love turkish tea,and also zanzibari tea,which is also always spiced...the best way to brew any black tea,especially if it is to be spiced and/or sweetened ,is with a samovar..the russians make the most beautiful samovars, good electrical ones come from germany,iran,turkey and lebanon.steamed tea preserves all the complexities of the flavors..

I have not been able yet to find a Samovar in Barcelona. I will try.
I also love Moroccan tea. I do it this way: I put in a teapot, one tablespoonful of gunpowder tea and two tablespoonfuls of sugar per person. Then, I leave it for three minutes and pour it in long glasses, with a handful of fresh mint. Delicious!

I also love Moroccan tea. I do it this way: I put in a teapot, one tablespoonful of gunpowder tea and two tablespoonfuls of sugar per person. Then, I leave it for three minutes and pour it in long glasses, with a handful of fresh mint. Delicious!

I love this mint tea also,I love moroccan food even more ! when pouring ,you must have your pour spout at least 3 feet higher than the glass !

I happen to work in one of the neighbourhoods with more Moroccan people in Barcelona, so my break food is a lot of times tea with rhefa.

The Moroccan place that I've gone to also uses a bit of orange water in their brew, great tea.

there are several moroccan restaurants in the sf bay area...all have great food and great decor,I love that sultans tent atmosphere,but it all boils down to how good are the bellydancers ! I really have seen some girls that came close to semia gamal..,,just close though...

Top Bottom