What's new

Breakfast

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Depends, man. Up all night? What was I drinkin' BEFORE breakfast? :)

I have well learned the lesson that no matter how fun it is goin' up, comin' down is a cast-iron kitty. So two's my limit these days.

Not sure if it's just the same thing under a different name, but I like a thing we call a "Phlegm Cutter."

Can of frozen OJ, can of dark rum, two cans chilled water or one can water and one can ice cubes. Dump it all in the blender.

Here's where we separate the fit from the unfit -- ice cubes hammering around in the blender will make your brain liquefy and run out your ears if you're hung over. These days I can laugh about that.

O.H.

It’s a pizza. I think God personally created it. I’m always ready to eat it on breakfast, lunch and dinner. My ideal pizza is: a thin base for pizza made according to an Italian dough recipe; garlic cream sauce; thin slices of ham, tomato, mozzarella, pesto sauce, and arugula on top. I really like this version of pizza, or similar. The main thing is to have a thin dough and cream sauce. Then it's perfect for me. Because I was describing my perfect pizza, I already wanted to eat.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Depends, man. Up all night? What was I drinkin' BEFORE breakfast? :)

I have well learned the lesson that no matter how fun it is goin' up, comin' down is a cast-iron kitty. So two's my limit these days.

Not sure if it's just the same thing under a different name, but I like a thing we call a "Phlegm Cutter."

Can of frozen OJ, can of dark rum, two cans chilled water or one can water and one can ice cubes. Dump it all in the blender.

Here's where we separate the fit from the unfit -- ice cubes hammering around in the blender will make your brain liquefy and run out your ears if you're hung over. These days I can laugh about that.

O.H.
AMEN to all of it brother. Amen.

I lived for awhile like Kris Kristofferson: the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad, so I had one more for desert.

Well today breakfast was poutine and Irish Death.

97905118-D5B0-483A-91D9-57017A9DB598.jpeg

Irish Coffee at The Buena Vista, San Francisco
My first time in SF I went there (touristy move) and had a few. Problem was it was after dinner and couldn't get to sleep. Walked the streets trying to tire myself out and these were hilly streets. Didn't work. LOL!!

I tend to wait until lunch, but I’ve attended the odd event where champagne was served with a breakfast.

My weirdest experience was on a flight from Shandong in China to San Francisco. After dinner the stewardess came round and asked for “drinks order” - I don’t know if it was the language barrier or that I wasn’t listening but I thought “I might have a G&T after dinner, why not?”

I then cursed them under my breath when my drink was nowhere to be seen and turned in for the night thinking I didn’t really need it anyway.

Next morning when my breakfast arrived, I was presented with my G&T to sip on with my fruit, cereal and yogurt!

I can only imagine what they made of me! 😆

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Had my first Bloody Mary on Memorial Day. I’m gonna have to go with that. It’s like breakfast and an adult drink all in one.

View attachment 1277863

It's a vegetable!

I always start a trip with a Bloody Mary (or I get one as soon as I can). It's for luck.

It sure was nice to have one in New Orleans a little over a week ago. I had to wait until we actually were In New Orleans, though, as the bar at Hobby airport wasn't yet open when we flew out. Darn good thing the plane didn't crash because I was missing my good luck charm!

Recently, for brunch, I had a pineapple rum cocktail at a friend's house. He made it with fresh pineapple juice, pineapple rum, with a slice of lime. Very refreshing.

Top Bottom