What's new

Breakfast

IMG_0189.jpeg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Try it with Tequila and a touch of salt. A Tequila Caesar is my top choice.

A Bloody Maria is my typical go-to for a Mexican breakfast (unless I need a michelada). It just suits.

My favorite variation on the Bloody Mary is a Red Snapper (with gin), although I tend to go with that only if I'm using straight tomato juice or V8. Most Bloody Mary mixes overwhelm just about any gin, and just about any place I might go for breakfast uses a mix (even if it's their own), so I tend to stick to (and quite enjoy) a good ol' Bloody Mary.

Just watched a film on winston churchilll played by gary oldman. For breakfast he was served daily by his butler a huge full English breakfast, sausages, eggs, bacon, mushrooms tomatoes, black pudding, toast with a massive tumbler of scotch and a cigar for afters. Couldn’t do it every day but I think my next birthday...

Strawberry Alarmclock

1 large or 2 small ripe strawberries, halved
¾ oz. fresh lemon juice
½ oz. honey
2 oz. gin
1 heaping tsp. plain Greek yogurt

Combine the strawberries, lemon juice and honey in a shaker and muddle until well broken up. Add the gin and yogurt and fill the shaker with ice. Shake until chilled, about 15 seconds. Double-strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with
freshly ground black pepper and a strawberry slice

The bartender who created this calls it Slippery When Wet. As we drink it at breakfast/brunch, I thought Strawbrery Alrmclock was better.

Top Bottom