What's new

Breakfast

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
According to his biographer David McCullough, President Harry S Truman would walk several miles early each morning before sunrise. He would then have a double whiskey (either Wild Turkey or Old Grand Dad) that he drank during a 15 minute rubdown (massage). Then he dressed and had 1 egg, 1 strip of bacon, 1 dry piece of toast, and buttermilk, and got on with his day.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Pick one or all of the following:
  1. Culture
  2. Society norms
  3. Religion
  4. The way one was brought up
  5. Values
  6. Morals
That is good. I don’t agree with 1 or 2 though. I don’t believe culture or society should dictate what I should see, believe or feel. On the other hand I believe God has total authority as to what I should be as a person. He is who I look to for what is right and or wrong.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I don’t believe culture or society should dictate what I should see, believe or feel. On the other hand I believe God has total authority as to what I should be as a person. He is who I look to for what is right and or wrong.

You are a good writer , @DoctorShavegood

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Generally speaking, our "unwritten rules" on whatever subject tend to be the distilled wisdom of many generations on what is "good" and "works" and what isn't and doesn't.

Just like here at B&B ... nobody reads the huge, I-wrote-a-novel, massive long posts, but they'll read and digest the short, pithy ones. So instead of an hour-long dissertation about the problems of chronic and perpetual alcohol consumption and slippery slopes and all that, we boil it down to a few simple "rules" that get one to a good life.

Rather like navigation buoys ... instead of memorising the topography of every body of water one navigates, one remembers "don't go between the buoy and the shore" and one stays afloat.

Top Bottom