What's new

Boxer briefs

I've been doing the Calvin Klein ones as there's an outlet store not far from me. Very happy with these, extremely comfortable and seem to be holding up really well.

I hesitate to ask. As my question sounds critical, when I am trying to understand their best application.

But what is the appeal of boxer briefs? Doesn't it negate the freedom of boxers and the lightweight support of briefs? I have tried wearing them but found them less comfortable than the other styles. Though it could have been a fit issue, as they need to fit waist+crotch/backside+thigh which is hard to summarize in S/M/L/XL sizing. Aren't they hotter to wear in the summer? I might imagine they work well when exercising but are they really better than a properly fitted brief for that situation?

I hesitate to ask. As my question sounds critical, when I am trying to understand their best application.

But what is the appeal of boxer briefs? Doesn't it negate the freedom of boxers and the lightweight support of briefs? I have tried wearing them but found them less comfortable than the other styles. Though it could have been a fit issue, as they need to fit waist+crotch/backside+thigh which is hard to summarize in S/M/L/XL sizing. Aren't they hotter to wear in the summer? I might imagine they work well when exercising but are they really better than a properly fitted brief for that situation?
Less wedgies and bunching/chafing than briefs. More support and less bulky fabric than boxers. At least that’s my experience.

@Bhugo, that is a concise response that makes a lot of sense.

I suppose the ones I tried before were a little too tight in the thighs so they always announced their presence. Maybe I will try them again at some point. The last briefs I bought took multiple shopping trips to find something that fit comfortably. Boxers are the easiest to shop for.

Monday bought a package of two pair of non-cotton Adidas 'trunks' as non-cotton briefs seem to be far less common in these parts, did find and also buy a pair of briefs. Have basically only ever worn briefs so i've started the journey to see what the boxer-brief-hype's all about.
dave

I've been wearing Uniqlo. Soft and light enough that I don't even know they're there. 6-8 months on and they're holding up fine. They're also cheap enough to try without breaking the bank.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have seven year old UnderArmour Heat Gear boxer briefs that are almost as good as brand new. I never use a dryer- always let them air dry (which doesn't take long). Yeah, they are $25 a pair, but they hold up well (and keeps things a little cooler).

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hanes, but I am growing to hate them. Sticky when sweating, and the back is always riding down. I think I am going to grab a couple "premium" boxers and see what I have been missing.
I was there. I decided to buy a pair of UnderArmour Heat Gear boxer briefs for $25. I almost choked, but went ahead. They were well worth it, especially down here in Texas- every little bit of cooling helps. I have a bunch now that are seven years old, and they are almost as good as new (always air dry them- it doesn't take long).

Top Bottom