What's new

Boker razor identification and vintage

I recently picked up a Boker straight razor at an antique store. This is my first foray into straight razors and I plan to get it restored, though it seems in decent condition. I have been trying to identify it but have not been able to find one identical to it and I keep second guessing myself when trying to match the tree stamp. Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Do y'all think this can be turned into a serviceable razor? Is it worth the investment? It seems it only needs a little polishing and a good honing.

That is a nice looking razor. I love those scales! If you can clean that thing up yourself and have it honed, I think it would be worthwhile. I love the vintage Boker that I have. If you send it to someone to restore, you may end up with more in the razor than it is worth. Although you may still come in lower than buying a new straight.

That is a nice looking razor. I love those scales! If you can clean that thing up yourself and have it honed, I think it would be worthwhile. I love the vintage Boker that I have. If you send it to someone to restore, you may end up with more in the razor than it is worth. Although you may still come in lower than buying a new straight.
I really don't know what the value of it is as I have had a difficult time finding another. My thought was that all it needs is a polishing and honing. The scales seem in good condition. What would I use to polish it? I understand that the blade finish has silver in it so I don't want to tarnish the finish at all. I would send it off for honing, which looks like I could get done for around $20.

To be honest, I know that MAAS polish seems to be highly recommended. There may be others. Some people may even say tooth paste. I am not sure about the silver finish though and whether or not any of those options would damage it. You may be able to find some more information over in the restoration threads.

To be honest, I know that MAAS polish seems to be highly recommended. There may be others. Some people may even say tooth paste. I am not sure about the silver finish though and whether or not any of those options would damage it. You may be able to find some more information over in the restoration threads.
Thanks. I will ask around over there.

Top Bottom