What's new

Boker Master Cutter

On the other day I saw a Boker "Master Cutter". Everyone is familiar with the King Cutter, but I've never heard about a Master Cutter before, let alone seen one. My google skills came up with pretty much nothing about this beautiful razor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=220988773587&nma=true&rt=nc&si=gUeksz0YGkaG4IN7ovxGm4q2Er8%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_720wt_1396

There is the long ebay link (can't figure out how to put the link in a word sorry). As you can see it went for quite some money. Anyone have any information about it or own one? I'd love to know more about it.

On the other day I saw a Boker "Master Cutter". Everyone is familiar with the King Cutter, but I've never heard about a Master Cutter before, let alone seen one. My google skills came up with pretty much nothing about this beautiful razor.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=220988773587&nma=true&rt=nc&si=gUeksz0YGkaG4IN7ovxGm4q2Er8%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_720wt_1396

There is the long ebay link (can't figure out how to put the link in a word sorry). As you can see it went for quite some money. Anyone have any information about it or own one? I'd love to know more about it.

Did you buy that?! I know little about the razor but if price is a signal of desirability...

Did you buy that?! I know little about the razor but if price is a signal of desirability...

Good sir, I would need approximately $482 more dollars to buy that razor. All laughs aside, I really hope someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in and give us some facts about it!

wow..for a 4/8..the smallest made is a 3/8..for that price..coulda got a Filarmonica razor Sub Sero with gold etching on the blade and lovely aqua blue handle..just my $.02

As a guy who doesn't ever go clean shaven and likes to vary up the facial hair often, I appreciate a good 4/8 blade.

As I stated I didn't buy it. Thanks for the information on Boker and it being old though, truly helpful. A lot of questions asked on these forums are things you could look up if you dig a little. I simply wanted to know if anyone had any experience with one or knew the history behind the obviously extremely rare "Master Cutter".

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this thread. I have been away from the site for some time. I have used a master cutter 5/8 as a daily shaver for the last 15 years or so as part of my weekly rotation. I have attached a photo of my razor for reference. I don't know if this makes me one of the few people who still use this razor or not.
Sorry for posting the photo upside down and the box is not the one that came with it (this came with a 2005 King Cutter) :001_smile:001_smile

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Top Bottom