What's new

Blob in soap?

Can anyone tell me what that blob at the top might be? It does not seem to go away or load with the rest of the puck. It seems it does not affect anything, the soap works just fine.

1706698473578.png

If it's an "artisan" soap, it's probably ingredients that are not mixed well enough. So not artisan in my eyes.

But to be honest, I don't know what I'm looking at.

here's a hopefully better shot. the phone's camera app tries to blend it in for some reason, meh. it is more distinct to the naked eye.
1706790698479.png1706790715743.png

We can see the label. :facep:

Contact them and show them. They should be mixed better if it's made by or branded as artisan.
right :D
Sometimes(not in this case) I transfer soap between containers, i.e. when a soap comes in a small / not practical tub. the Stirling tub is quite good :)

I have scooped that bit out, it looked like fat, but I am no expert (not even novice) in soapmaking.
Here's how the soap looks like after distributing it evenly in the tub with the tea spoon. I do this every now and then with all soaps. Ready for the shave tomorrow. :straight:#ocd

1708001466025.png

I have scooped that bit out, it looked like fat, but I am no expert (not even novice) in soapmaking.
Here's how the soap looks like after distributing it evenly in the tub with the tea spoon. I do this every now and then with all soaps. Ready for the shave tomorrow. :straight:#ocd

View attachment 1796541
Did you ever contact Rod and share pics with him and ask what he thought it might have been?

Top Bottom