What's new

Blades Made In America

I know next to nothing about blades. I normally just buy the generics at the supermarket or drug store, and I learned here that they are Dorco. I was wondering if there are any DE razor blades made in the USA.

Is there a page on B&B that lists blades and their origin countries?

Last edited:
I know next to nothing about blades. I normally just buy the generics at the supermarket or drug store, and I learned here that they are Dorco. I was wondering if there are any DE razor blades made in the USA.
Yes, Personna Medical Prep.

There was a thread, can't find it, where somebody took pictures of the blades at their supermarket. They were personnas and the price was reasonable. They are produced in Germany now. If you want to post pictures of what you find at local stores, we can ID them. There is nothing wrong with sticking with what's available locally. As mentioned, only Med Prep and Labs are made in the US now.

The Personna plant in Verona, VA, owned by AccuTEC, is the only US producer of DE blades. As mentioned previously, they produce Personna "Lab Blue" blades and Personna "Med Prep" blades. But, as also noted, not all blades that bear the Personna brand are produced in the US. A different company (Edgewell), owns the Personna brand outside the US and its overseas produced blades are seen in the US market, most commonly the Personna Platinum Chrome, made in Germany.

If you want US made DE blades, Personna Lab Blues and Personna Med preps are your only options.

Top Bottom