What's new

Blade disposal

I have a couple of the store branded Personna blade packs with the dispensers, and they have a bank built in to them.
I use a feather plastic blade box. Threw my first one away yesterday, nearly full after almost 5 months of DE shaving.
I put them in the slot on the back of the plastic blade box (Feathers). When I finish with the five pack of blades, I put them in the recycle bin. Our local pickup accepts mixed recyclables. Metal, plastic and paper all go in the same bin so its not an issue to put metal in the plastic box.
I do the same thing. You can get a lot more into the Personna blade packs than came out of them. Similarly I save the empty blade boxes and pack them full of old blades. My city does 100% recycling so they just go in the trash.

You can get a biomedical plastic container from the drug store. They're mostly used for syringes but you can easily fit the blade in the disposal hole on top of the container.

That's what I'm using.

I am a health care professional and at least in NY any emergency room must by law accept these back to be destroyed properly. Also most medical offices wouldn't have a problem adding a small box or bottle to their medical waste every year or so when you go in for your yearly check up. To me it seems like a great way to freak out a garbage man by throwing them in the trash.

A blade bank I bought for a dollar
Bought 5 to justify shipping LOL
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390013405.522922.jpg

I took a used green bean can, cleaned it out really good, and took the label off. Luckily my can opener cuts underneath the rim so it's a clean, smooth cut. I glued that back on. I then took a knife and cut a slit in the top of the can. Then, I spray painted it and put a sticker on it to give it a cool look to it.

View attachment 403871

* Fantastic job and that has to be the nicest blade bank I have seen, to date! :thumbup:

I fill the plastic containers, every bathroom where I work has a sharps drop box, so I just bring them in when full and dump them.

I use this:

Bought it from one of the shaving supply emporiums online for a couple bucks when I ordered a bunch of cream. It's big enough to hold several hundred blades. Whenever it's full I'll mark it as used blades and put it in the recycling. I do take advantage of any plastic blade packs that have storage for used blades in the back, just to stretch my blade bank even further.

I am a health care professional and at least in NY any emergency room must by law accept these back to be destroyed properly. Also most medical offices wouldn't have a problem adding a small box or bottle to their medical waste every year or so when you go in for your yearly check up. To me it seems like a great way to freak out a garbage man by throwing them in the trash.

I'm not sure how the garbage man would get freaked out. Unless the person who throws them away is an idiot, it's unlikely the garbage man would even see them.

I put them in an Rx bottle
Rx bottle gets tossed in my bathroom garbage can, which is lined with a bag.
The bag gets tossed in the 90 gallon trash bin and wheeled out to the curb.
The garbage man pulls up and, without even getting out of the truck, activates the hydraulic arm to pick up the trash bin, dump it in the truck, and set it back down.

Of course, just by putting them in an secure container, you've eliminated the chance to the garbage man will freak out.

I just grabbed a coin bank from my local dollar store. In about 20 years when it gets somewhere near full I will tape over the slot on the top and drop it in my mixed recycling bin.

I use 3-4 sheets of toilet paper, wrap it up and chunk it in the trash can. May be primitive, but around here the only thing recycled is rumors.

I use the blade bank I got from WCS for a couple of bucks. Fits nicely in my shave drawer. When it is full, I put a label on it that says used razor blades, tape up the opening, and throw it away.

Top Bottom