What's new

Blade Disposal While Traveling?

I'm currently on a business trip, and needed to change blades earlier this week. I tried to be as safe as I could by putting the old blade in the paper wrapper the new one came in, then I snapped it in half lengthwise, and in half again. Then I wrapped it in several tissues and threw it in the basket.

Not sure what everyone else does...I guess I'm looking for ideas.

I'm currently on a business trip, and needed to change blades earlier this week. I tried to be as safe as I could by putting the old blade in the paper wrapper the new one came in, then I snapped it in half lengthwise, and in half again. Then I wrapped it in several tissues and threw it in the basket.

Not sure what everyone else does...I guess I'm looking for ideas.

I typically save a water bottle and use it as a blade bank. When I check out I simply screw on the cap tightly and head out the door. Like you I place the blade back in the paper first and snap in half (or place it back in the plastic blade box).

I use blades that come in the familiar plastic box. I save these and use them when I travel to store used blades. I keep the plastic box until it is full then toss. At home I use a blade bank so I don't need the plastic box at home for disposal. Works for me and most of my travel is by ground transportation.

I must admit, I didn't give blade disposal while travelling much thought until this thread appeared. Usually, I just put the old blade in the wrapper of the new blade and toss it in the garbage. However, it's possible that this might not be safe for people handling the garbage.

I always take one of those plastic blade containers like the Astra blades come in, and place my used blades in the used slot. I then pack it home with me in my checked luggage, and when I return home put them in my tin can blade bank.

The end of the Astra plastic boxes opens up to make used blade removal easy and safe.

I always take one of those plastic blade containers like the Astra blades come in, and place my used blades in the used slot. I then pack it home with me in my checked luggage, and when I return home put them in my tin can blade bank.

The end of the Astra plastic boxes opens up to make used blade removal easy and safe.

+1

Also, the Schick and store brand dispensers have a used blade slot in back and make good travel blade banks.

I'll wrap it up in the paper that it came in or I'll use one of the envelopes that hotels usually supply, or ask the front desk for one.

wrap it up with tissue and pack it carefully back into checked in luggage. I then dispose it into the blade bank back home.

Another +1. Used blades are hazards for the cleaning staff.

Cleaning staff at your hotel should know better than to root around in the trash.
I wrap the blade either in the new blade's paper or in a tissue and toss it in the wastebin.

I keep the empty plastic boxes from Derby and Feather blades and put the used ones in there until it is full, then I toss at the hotel.

spiffy

Thanks for the tip. I will be sure to save the Astra blade container once I finally get my sample pack (it is in transit).

Mark

Cleaning staff at your hotel should know better than to root around in the trash.
I wrap the blade either in the new blade's paper or in a tissue and toss it in the wastebin.

Very true, however, you have to account for the occasional accidental spilling of the garbage requiring a person with thin protective gloves to pick up the trash and put it in a new bag.

Mark

I try to re-wrap the used blade and place it back in the blade box for proper disposal when I return home.

I'm only gone for a week tops so I'll just change the blade out before I leave and put the new one in when I get to my destination. Repeat when I return home.

Top Bottom