What's new

Blade Biter's Tasting Notes

Robert Carradine 80S GIF

lasta

Blade Biter
First shave of March and what better way to rediscover mojo than the holy blade?

Same amount of attention paid as yesterday's (16th use Super Silver) shave and an even closer, near dolphinic face was produced. Zero weepers despite spending an extra 5 minutes on the search and destroy ATG sweep.

What more can I say about GSB other than "tough on beard, smooth on face"!

20240301_110227.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
Back to regular scheduled programming!

Sputnik!

1709409004483.png

An old Warsaw Pact brand with quite a few decades of history. This particular blade was made in 2020 and donated by Blade Santa @Balin .

Standard 2 pass shave (N-S + ATG) with minimal touch up and BBS- results. If Rubie was advertised as "Platinum" back in the day, then Sputnik would definitely be a "Stainless". First pass felt very sharp, almost to the point (but just shy) of depilatory cream wiping. Second ATG pass is similarly low resistance, but did feel prickly at times, especially around my sensitive areas.

I wouldn't call it a rough blade, but noticeably sharper than it is smooth.

First impression: 4.5/5 sharp, 3.5/5 smooth. A good, above average blade.

1709409059004.png

Back to regular scheduled programming!

Sputnik!

View attachment 1805662
An old Warsaw Pact brand with quite a few decades of history. This particular blade was made in 2020 and donated by Blade Santa @Balin .

Standard 2 pass shave (N-S + ATG) with minimal touch up and BBS- results. If Rubie was advertised as "Platinum" back in the day, then Sputnik would definitely be a "Stainless". First pass felt very sharp, almost to the point (but just shy) of depilatory cream wiping. Second ATG pass is similarly low resistance, but did feel prickly at times, especially around my sensitive areas.

I wouldn't call it a rough blade, but noticeably sharper than it is smooth.

First impression: 4.5/5 sharp, 3.5/5 smooth. A good, above average blade.

View attachment 1805663
Lol, you are braver than I. I still haven't tried them. I thought they were supposed to be wide blades like KAI but then I have read something here on B&B to the contrary.

lasta

Blade Biter
Lol, you are braver than I. I still haven't tried them. I thought they were supposed to be wide blades like KAI but then I have read something here on B&B to the contrary.
Hiya,

I've read similar comments, but I think Sputnik was one of those blades that changed in the late 2010's!

I felt it more than usual, but the New Improved is an aggressive (to me) razor. The blade didn't look wider or thicker than normal.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
Second shave with the ol Soviet cosmonaut blade, this time in a milder razor.
1709506353219.png

In the Tech, I got none of the bite-y under-chin feel, but nor did it feel up to Nacet/Perma Sharp level sharpness. I did manage another near complete BBS, and if this was a first impression shave, I'd rate these 4.5 smooth.

Averaged out, Sputniks are great blades. A solid 4/5 - 4/5, balanced, sharp, smooth, good.
1709506388942.png

lasta

Blade Biter
Wait, you opened the Arko from the bottom?!? Now it’s not going to shave well, just like chips don’t taste good if you open the bag from the bottom.
You do have a point!

Arko! is polished only on top! But the few rough pellets on the bottom are smoothed out after the first 2 shaves.

I only did it so I can hang out at the Alum Ladd shed.

Second shave with the ol Soviet cosmonaut blade, this time in a milder razor.
View attachment 1806316

In the Tech, I got none of the bite-y under-chin feel, but nor did it feel up to Nacet/Perma Sharp level sharpness. I did manage another near complete BBS, and if this was a first impression shave, I'd rate these 4.5 smooth.

Averaged out, Sputniks are great blades. A solid 4/5 - 4/5, balanced, sharp, smooth, good.
View attachment 1806317
I got one just like that
IMG_20220502_204006568.jpg

The little blue rip off tab is at the bottom of the arko! stick.

How will that not confuse and baffle the general consumer eh, eh?

You can't comprehend the horrible reality of the situation, because the truth is too painful.

It is obviously some kind of evil plan to force unwitting new arko! users to open the sticks at the wrong end, thus causing the crusty application skin sensation situation that some have noted.

It is obviously a Mongolian conspiracy.

Their humilation in the Yakko! debacle still runs deep.

I have bled emotionally at their hands for years because I blew the whistle.

You have no idea of the sacrifice I made for you all.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
I haven't posted a State of the Cult in a while. Partially because my own shaving mojo have waned over the past month, but now it's back!

2.5 months into 2024 and Cult development goals are on target. We now have 12 full members, and 2 potential pillaging targets!

First, let's welcome our newest member @cranewarrior , a blade biter in his own right who has witnessed the perfection of GSB! Feel free to pick your own title, though since you fashion yourself a warrior, I think Cult Champion is fitting? When the pitchforked (northern) heretics start knocking, you'll be the first to heave the holy blade upon them!

Second, promotions! Bishop @Balin , your cult promotional activities have not been overlooked. Thank you for being a strong proponent of Silvana Bluetata! Even though the heretic conversion campaign have not been successful, it is the effort that counts and we reward effort! As our ship becomes bigger, we can compass the oceans and pillage more fertile lands. But it also makes cruising cold Scandinavian rivers more difficult. I hope you'll voluntarily tie yourself to the ship's bow and crack whatever iceberg/naval mine what may come our way, especially since we will be navigating north!

1710156009732.png

Last edited:
I haven't posted a State of the Cult in a while. Partially because my own shaving mojo have waned over the past month, but now it's back!

2.5 months into 2024 and Cult development goals are on target. We now have 12 full members, and 2 potential pillaging targets!

First, let's welcome our newest member @cranewarrior , a blade biter in his own right who has witnessed the perfection of GSB! Feel free to pick your own title, though since you fashion yourself a warrior, I think Cult Champion is fitting? When the pitchforked (northern) heretics start knocking, you'll be the first to heave the holy blade upon them!

Second, promotions! Bishop @Balin , your cult promotional activities have not been overlooked. Thank you for being a strong proponent of Silvana Bluetata! Even though the heretic conversion campaign have not been successful, it is the effort that counts and we reward effort! As our ship becomes bigger, we can compass the oceans and pillage more fertile lands. But it also make cruising cold Scandinavian rivers more difficult. I hope you'll voluntarily tie yourself to the ship's bow and crack whatever iceberg/naval mine what may come our way, especially since we will be navigating north!

View attachment 1810505
"Heretic/Active Recruit" yeah right! That's real likely.....not! A more appropriate status would have been "Heretic extraordinaire". Active recruit my b***
Threaten Talladega Nights GIF

Top Bottom