What's new

Blade Bank

My wife has a seaming cutting can opener. (no rough edges)
My wife opened a can of string beans and I got it.
Then cut a slot in the top and gorilla glue the top on.

Done!

I see this is a old thread that got refreshed so I'm putting my 2 cents in. I use a jar I picked up from Dollar General for $2.00. I have not decided how I will dispose of it yet. I'm thinking of either dumping the entire container or dumping the contents into a box or something and starting over. I have grand kids that visit so I'm thinking about gluing the top on.Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's your excuse for having to order something. You can't just place an order for $1, so you have to pick up some supplies while you're at it :001_smile
No kidding.

I bought a blade bank, then padded the order with a Simpson brush to get free shipping!

I just bought a big metal can with a slot for coins. Just 20 sek (around 3 usd) and it will probably hold atleast 1500 blades. In other words blades for more than a decade!
When its finally filled i´ll just tape some electrical thick tape over the slot and throw it in the garbage. Will write a warning on it with a pen for safety.

Last edited:
I went into my local pharmacy and asked if they had a sharps container. They did, and only cost me £1.99. I think it will hold 500-1000 blades.

$2289589-1.jpg

most de blades are stainless steel whic brings a top dollar at the recycling center,and help save the planet,just a thought on what to do with full blade banks;]

I bought a tiny wooden box from a local craft store for $2. I glued the lid shut. The space in the back by the hinge is just big enough to slide a blade into.

I just feed my spent blades to the dog.

He obedience trained at the Chuck Norris Canine Academy. Don't try this with a "normal" dog.

Last edited:
A few ideas...

- West Coast Shaving, $1.
- Can of broth, cut a slot in the top, empty it, and decorate as you wish.
- Tootsie Roll coin bank/container.
- Any small/inexpensive coin bank (check discount stores)

I went to my local Dollar store and picked up a coin bank for $2 which will probably last me for the next 20+ years.

Good value, thanks for the tip.

I'm going to have to seriously look into this one. I'm not sure how my other half would react to seeing a Spam can in the bathroom, though...

The SPAM 'blade' bank showed up. I get personal satisfaction and a chuckle every time I see it... in the cabinet. However, I have been hankering for Spam, eggs and rice. Maybe next weekend.

Top Bottom