What's new

Blade Bank

Mine looks like this...
proxy.php

I put my injection needles AND DE blades in it. :thumbup1:

You can buy vintage tin blade banks on ebay, but the good looking ones always seemed to go for a lot of money--like $35-$65+.

One day I went on UK ebay and found this very nice Wardonia blade bank for $20 shipped. As you can see, it has a nifty blade pocket as well. That kills two birds with one stone for me, as now I don't have different brands of blades laying around and making a big mess. Life is much easier for me now.

This isn't exactly a home-made solution as you wanted, but maybe you didn't know these were available. I'd prefer one of these due simply to the addition of the blade pocket.

View attachment 126507

Last edited:
Sharps containers are biohazards and must be disposed of through a facility that will handle them. They can't go in the household trash. I highly discourage their use just for disposing of razor blades.

You don't consider a used razor blade to be a bio-hazard?

Found a piggy bank in a home furnishing discount store.. $4

Complete with a small ambulance and drop of blood painted on the side..

proxy.php

Simplest idea ever?

Buy a tin of Altoid minis. Enjoy the mints. When you have finished the mints, use the tin for your used blades. They fit in there really well. The lid closes tightly. The blades are enclosed on all sides by metal, so no risk of somebody getting cut. When it fills up, recycle it.

Problem solved, and your breath will smell fresh, too, because you have to buy another tin of Altoid minis when your first empty tin is beginning to fill up with used blades.:thumbup1: It's a win-win!

I keep my shaving supplies out on display, but the BB is hidden away.
Here it is... See it?
View attachment 128395

Easy blend in blade bank. Empty Rolaids container, just take a dremel with a cutoff wheel, slice a correct sized slot in the top, then superglue the cap on. Should be good for a few hundred blades or more, and keeps it away from the kids. Not an original idea by any means, just my take...

View attachment 128394

there are tic tacks in a larger size and container with a sliding door on it's side that I use it's perfect and takes up little space. you'll probably see them in the candy display by the registers one is blue the other red

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
I am currently using my Harley Davidson piggy bank. I love the one with the ambulance and drop of blood.
Thanks everyone,
Scott

I used a wrigleys eclipse mint container. I cut a slit in the top of it and painted it. It works pretty good.

Here's a cheap, disposable blade bank that I just ordered. For those of you from Hawaii, you'll appreciate the brand :)

I'm glad I don't have a wife to answer to, because I'm pretty sure this would get organized under "trash."

SPAM Brand Tin Bank

Last edited:
i cut a hole in the top of an mt fiber choice bottle and super glued the lid closed im gonna paint it to match the decor for swmbo but it should last for years and saves the landfill too

I bought an aluminium coin bank at the dollar store. When it's full, i'll just tape the top and throw it into the recycling bin.

Here's a cheap, disposable blade bank that I just ordered. For those of you from Hawaii, you'll appreciate the brand :)

I'm glad I don't have a wife to answer to, because I'm pretty sure this would get organized under "trash."

SPAM Brand Tin Bank

I'm going to have to seriously look into this one. I'm not sure how my other half would react to seeing a Spam can in the bathroom, though...

Top Bottom