What's new

Blade Assistance Request!

Hi there!

I’m looking for assistance to see if a particular blade exists, and if so, where to find it.

Looking to see if there is a modern blade that is the same size and spine as a Weck hair shaper/sextoblade, but with a wider actual blade.

This is the problem I’m trying to solve:

proxy.php

Spine is perfect. Blade left-to-right is the correct size itself, but the blade is not wide enough and there is no exposure.

Any info would be appreciated!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I'm going to tag @rudyt -- he's the one guy I know who has a ton of experience with *seemingly* all things related to disposable-blade straight/shavette/barber blades. In the SE world, I would consider trying to "widen" the blade with a shim...but eyeballing that distance, it would be a heck of a shim!!! I'll call on @Ron R and @GAW9576 as well, both are gentlemen I know who have a creative streak when it comes to "making" blades work.

Any idea what the razor is....by that I mean a brand or model name?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hi there!

I’m looking for assistance to see if a particular blade exists, and if so, where to find it.

Looking to see if there is a modern blade that is the same size and spine as a Weck hair shaper/sextoblade, but with a wider actual blade.

This is the problem I’m trying to solve:

proxy.php

Spine is perfect. Blade left-to-right is the correct size itself, but the blade is not wide enough and there is no exposure.

Any info would be appreciated!
You need a few more pictures of side view and bottom view and front view, it has to be safe when using. Brand of razor would help also because there might be a solution out there already. Looking at the picture the blade looks to wide already (could be just the way picture is taken?)

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
You need a few more pictures of side view and bottom view and front view, it has to be safe when using. Brand of razor would help also because there might be a solution out there already. Looking at the picture the blade looks to wide already (could be just the way picture is taken?)
Thank you for tagging people in! This is a Kattell Shav-Rite.
I looked it up from the razor name above, and Waits' says it's the same blade as a No.12 Clark's "IUSA" -- not sure how much that helps.

A strip of old credit card cut to the appropriate width placed behind the blade should work as long as it doesn't push the hair shaper blade to far forward to be clamped in place. Can you measure how wide the blade would have to be to be functional?

Ron R

1589847942938.png
Some more information on that razor, the razor had a adjustable handle which is a rarity in it's self.
1589848554027.png
These are the packets they came in, they were sold on Ebay

Last edited:

Ron R

If you had a old blade with measurements you more than likely find it with Accutec(personna) who make all kinds of blades and sizes. You might be able to find one that is close and then trim it also to size to see if that will work. Have you tried to de-spline a Gem blade, it might be not as wide but it could give you the depth and give you a idea how it shaved. Some times you have to improvise with these old obsolete blades as you already know.

Top Bottom