What's new

Blackland Vector: My thoughts

A kind member let me borrow their Blackland Vector to try out so I thought I would write up a quick review.

This razor is light. I'm use to heavy razors and heavy handles. I actually prefer a razor with some heft... sort of razors with some junk in the trunk.
proxy.php

The Vector is the Twiggy of the SE world.

proxy.php

I loaded it with a Proline razor. I find this blade to be smoother than the Feather Pros and since this is my first shave with this razor I decided to play it safe. You load the blade onto the tabs on the cap. The fit is tight as it takes a little pressure to get it to snap into place. One in and tightened up the blade is secure and spot on centered.

I lathered up with the TSC anniversary brush with the timerwolf knot (very nice brush!!!!). I whipped up the CBL Ghost Banana (Very nice soap, the label after getting wet though looks like Tammy Faye after she was caught in a rain storm. Creator needs to use waterproof ink.)
proxy.php

The first stroke was an eye opener. I was afraid of getting the wrong angle and slicing myself. This fear was utterly uncalled for. The razor just seemed to line itself up. The second and third stroke were no different. This is a simple razor to use and it is made for speed! It is so maneuverable and nimble. I found the more strokes I took the faster I went.
https://Badgerandblade.com/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fmoneyinc.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F04%2FAudi-R20-5.png&hash=d655bc48dcb4c3865ead8c1f0b40777b

Not a nick, not a cut. I would place this as an aggressive razor but though it removes a nice amount of stubble per stroke it doesn't have much blade feel. It is just smooth and glides just effortlessly. This must be classed as efficient and effective and not so much aggressive.

Three passes were done in a flash. It took care of all the curves and nooks with ease. Even under my nose was a cinch. This it probably more information than you need to know but my stache goes right up into my nostrils and a lot of razors have a difficult time reaching this spot but not a problem the Vector (How is this for a run on sentence?)

I know this is just my first shave but I am impressed. If the next few shaves are like this one my RX is going up for sale to provide the funds for a Vector!

proxy.php

Update: RX is sold and Vector is ordered!!

John-Imatabor-The offical Dummy Account.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for your thoughts. It is a razor I know nothing about, and I really liked your description and the accompanying photo's that came with it.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Nice review John, I was able to use the Vector that was loaned from a Friend here on B&B
I liked the shave and the look ,but I was afraid that I was going to break it .
I know it is well made and all but it just seemed to delicate for Me and my way shaving .
I did do a shave off with it against my D-4 Toggle and it was close but the Toggle was the winner.
I also used it up against one of my RFB's and again the Vector for MY FACE came in second.
I guess the key words there are for My Face :)
Happy Shaves John :) (wow 2 smiles)

I love mine. It's easily my favorite razor right now. It's like you are squeezing the lather off your face and the whiskers come with it. I cant imagine what you are doing when you shave that would make you think you are going to break it. It's much less delicate than a toggle or RFB.

I love mine. It's easily my favorite razor right now. It's like you are squeezing the lather off your face and the whiskers come with it. I cant imagine what you are doing when you shave that would make you think you are going to break it. It's much less delicate than a toggle or RFB.

No disrespect, but never felt the RFB to be delicate. :)

No disrespect, but never felt the RFB to be delicate. :)
None taken. My point is they are hollow brass handles and pressed together correct? I don't think any are delicate by any means, but I suspect they are more so than a piece of machined stainless steel.

None taken. My point is they are hollow brass handles and pressed together correct? I don't think any are delicate by any means, but I suspect they are more so than a piece of machined stainless steel.

Yes, now I understand your comment. You’ll have to wait 90 years to see if the SS can last as the RFB’s have. :)

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Great review, John. You have a knack for keeping things fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ordered the Machined Vector with the current sale. Looking forward to it. Just received my General back from North Shore Razors too. Ha. Had it coated in Executive Gray. Looks awesome. Scott does awesome work. Gonna be a battle of the SEs. General has been my default for a while!

I have had a few more shaves and I just love this razor. There is only one drawback that I have found so far and that is that the longevity of the shave is lacking. About 10 hours later and the feel of stubble is very evident. I'm guessing that it is due to the light weight of the razor. I'm wondering if a Feather Pro super would cause a deeper shave. I could also put it on a heavier handle but I'm afraid that that would take away from the nimbleness of the razor.

Well I put a Feather Professional Super in the Vector this morning hoping it would turns things up a notch. Well it sure did. The Blade feel reminded me of the El Jefe. It is still as nimble as before but you know that it is ready to go to town! Three passes went by (I could have stopped at 2). I had a few weepers, nothing serious and a slash of cold water mostly took care of it and a wipe of the alum block stopped the blood totally.
Did it help with the longevity you might ask. Yes it did. I'm looking at over 13 hours and am just feeling stubble. If the Vector has a fan club I would like to join it,

Well I put a Feather Professional Super in the Vector this morning hoping it would turns things up a notch. Well it sure did. The Blade feel reminded me of the El Jefe. It is still as nimble as before but you know that it is ready to go to town! Three passes went by (I could have stopped at 2). I had a few weepers, nothing serious and a slash of cold water mostly took care of it and a wipe of the alum block stopped the blood totally.
Did it help with the longevity you might ask. Yes it did. I'm looking at over 13 hours and am just feeling stubble. If the Vector has a fan club I would like to join it,

I’m glad to hear it! I don’t think there’s a Vector club yet, but there is a Blackland Razor Club on Facebook that a customer made. :)

I'm thinking of throwing my bulldog handle on the head and see what that does.

My first shave was with a Proline and it was great, my second shave with the Vector was with the Feather Pro Super and I had to go back to the Proline after one pass. Feather too aggressive for me.

I agree I would love more weight in the handle.

My first shave was with a Proline and it was great, my second shave with the Vector was with the Feather Pro Super and I had to go back to the Proline after one pass. Feather too aggressive for me.

I agree I would love more weight in the handle.

As a collector, hobbyist, and old guy (with a very wiry viking beard), I have this razor -- and, most of the other SE and DE razors that we are taking about.

This razor is a great, great razor.

Is it better than a Schick E or G? I don't know (for you). You must try it out on your own face, skin and beard (in combination).

It makes all the difference.

Bmwlaw

Top Bottom