What's new

Blackland Vector in mail yesterday

First I want to thank Shane again for changing order from polished to machined. I put a Kai Captain Titan Mild blade in razor and got my Simpson Duke 3 best badger and Castle Forbes Lime shave cream. I shave in the shower and I will have to say I got a great 2 pass with a little clean up shave actually the best shave I have ever experienced and that was with first time use. I know shaves will only get better as I get very familiar with new razor. I was conserned about the handle being a little to slippery but with the way it is designed and in machined finish it was fine. I plan on ordering the OC plate and the stand to have the complete set. Iam not so sure that later on I may sell the Feather AS-D2 and have the Vector as my only razor I am a minimalist type person. Great Job Blackland.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
First I want to thank Shane again for changing order from polished to machined. I put a Kai Captain Titan Mild blade in razor and got my Simpson Duke 3 best badger and Castle Forbes Lime shave cream. I shave in the shower and I will have to say I got a great 2 pass with a little clean up shave actually the best shave I have ever experienced and that was with first time use. I know shaves will only get better as I get very familiar with new razor. I was conserned about the handle being a little to slippery but with the way it is designed and in machined finish it was fine. I plan on ordering the OC plate and the stand to have the complete set. Iam not so sure that later on I may sell the Feather AS-D2 and have the Vector as my only razor I am a minimalist type person. Great Job Blackland.

Congratulations on your new Vector! :thumbup:

The Vector is one of my best and favorite razors - right up at the top of my Big Dogs Rotation. Awesome razor that provides awesome results. :cool:

Glad to hear it! The first shave with a new razor is usually the worst so it sounds like you're off to a great start!

Congrats! You've just got yourself the best SE razor money can buy!

Greetings from a fellow Vector-fan 😎

Funny enough, I too parted ways with my AS-D2, after getting the Vector. I gave it to my 15 y/o son, who is just starting his wet-shaving journey. I think it's an ideal mild DE razor for a beginner-shaver.

Congrats on the home run shave. You have a great bat! My first week with the Vector was tough, mostly because I was used to my Merkur 34c and really had to learn some new technique.

Now things much better with the Kai Titan mild and plan to try the Kai protouch mg next.
Let us know which blades work best for you.

Congrats on the home run shave. You have a great bat! My first week with the Vector was tough, mostly because I was used to my Merkur 34c and really had to learn some new technique.

Now things much better with the Kai Titan mild and plan to try the Kai protouch mg next.
Let us know which blades work best for you.
Some great blades, no doubt. I like guarded blades like ProTouch MG, ProGuard, and Salon Select in my SEs (or in my straights when I don't have much stubble). By far though, the best standard blade is Schick Proline.

Some great blades, no doubt. I like guarded blades like ProTouch MG, ProGuard, and Salon Select in my SEs (or in my straights when I don't have much stubble). By far though, the best standard blade is Schick Proline.

For daily shavers, would you recommend a guarded blade over the Proline?

Hi.
Be sure to compare with the Kai Captain Titan Mild and Schick Proline blades. They seemed to me with Vector very effective along with Feather Pro Super only with a little less aggression but with the same result.

Top Bottom