What's new

Black Hawk - First Shave

I received my Razorock Black Hawk and 20 Feather Pro blades late yesterday. My plan was to wait until Saturday morning when my shave wouldn't be so rushed, but curiousity got the better of me and I decided to give it a go this morning. I made sure that I used one of my better performing soaps, in this case Ariana & Evans Vetiver Magnifique, lathered up and started in. I had already noticed how light the razor is; I have never before used an aluminum razor. I had also noticed that the fit and finish are excellent, and I find it to be visually very appealing. What surprised me most was that I had no difficulty maneuvering the razor around my face. The greater width of the blade didn't seem to make much difference to me, and the angle of attack was quite intuitive. In use, the difference between the weight of the Black Hawk and the Supply injector I had been using is very noticeable. There were times when shaving those areas on my chin with particularly tough stubble that I felt like the razor would bounce off of the whiskers if I didn't hold on tight. That said, I enjoyed the feeling of zipping this razor around my face. I did my usual two pass shave, but limited myself to very minimal touch up. No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation. I'm not sure if it's as close, closer or not quite as close as the Supply but it's certainly a very close shave. I have since noticed a few spots that would have benefited from a little touch up, but I expected that. With a bit more experience with this razor, I believe it will give me as close and comfortable a shave as any other razor I've tried. And at $30 plus shipping, I think it's a bargain.

Good report!

I have a v1 Hawk and I must say I at least like the looks of v2 or greater (I guess the Blackhawk has gone through further minor improvements?) heads much better. Still...not so hot on aluminum heft. Sticking it on an SS handle helps a little, but certainly affects balance too.

Sounds like a great shave for the price point though!

Top Bottom