What's new

Black & Green Sanax Restore

Picked this beauty up in an antique store in Utah this Thanksgiving. Removed the old crusty knot, polished up the handle and just finished setting the knot tonight. I hope to have a test lather or three tomorrow evening.

The new knot is a TGN 20mm extra stuffed 2 band finest set at 50mm loft. The writing on the handle says "Set In Rubber - SANAX - Sterilized U.S.A." No markings on the bottom of the handle but I believe the old knot was boar.

Anybody else restored a Sanax brush? Please post some photos. I don't recall seeing too many of these photographed here lately.

View attachment 137285

View attachment 137286

Cool handle...very nice...I'm liking the finest better and better everytime I see them and everytime I use mine.

I know the name. I think I saw one on the bay a month or two back. Can't remember. Nice brush. I like the translucent ones.

Very well done....a classic handle too.

I have not seen A Sanax before...but if I did I would snap it up in a heartbeat. A beautiful restore.

Never seen a Sanax before but I too love the colored transparent bottom handles. Great work! It makes me want to get started on a couple of my next projects.

Top Bottom