What's new

BL-LE Photo Journal

Screenshot_20170612-205653.jpg

The shop looks awesome and actually enjoyed the partial views out the window. This is very exciting. Thanks for taking the to post.

Yes, I've been in the workshop all weekend, turning bowls. I'll take a picture in the next day or two for all to see!

Hi guys! Made some good progress, but a bit slower than I was hoping for. I recently got told by my wife that she didn't want a family just to see me spend all my free time hidden away in a workshop. I thought that was a fair observation, so I have been spending more weekend time with the family. Enough about that. Here are some pictures!
a.JPG

Block chucked and pilot hole drilled.

b.JPG

Mortise drilled and hub for shank ring turned to a rough size.

d.JPG

Countersink for tennon shoulder.

e.JPG

Plug inserted into mortise to speed up finding the correct hub diameter for the shank ring.

f.JPG

Drilling the air channel. A short stub drill is used to start the pilot before the long drill is used. A long drill has a tiny bit of flex in it, so it would be bad to start a hole using a long drill.

g.JPG

Pilot drilled for successively larger pilots before chamber is drilled. This cuts down on friction heat build up which can dull the chamber bit, and those cost a lot to sharpen!

h.JPG

One of the larger pilot drills

i.JPG

3/4 Round end chamber drill

j.JPG

Turning the bowl, first pass

k.JPG

Several passes later and taking shape. To be continued below....

l.JPG

Sanding the bowl.

m.JPG

Turning the rim.

n.JPG

16 down, 9 to go! Then the shaping begins...my favourite part!

Top Bottom