What's new

Bitten by the Proline!

Ouch! I had no idea they are wider than other Artist Club blades(other than Supers). I pulled the offender out and checked all other blades and sure enough. My face has little tolerance for blade exposure, anything greater than a Henson medium or Timeless 0.95 and it auto-detects excess exposure.

Back story:
Last week I acquired a Colonial General and promptly loaded it up with a used Feather Pro. I proceeded to learn the new razor and get four amazing shaves before deciding not to push it too far. I have a tough beard, blades just go dull all of a sudden on me so I have to judge whether I can get another full shave or not out of it. I got something just under BBS every time without any patchy spots.

Then, I decided to put the devil's blade in my razor. Sneaky bugger might seem smooth at first, but it is just waiting to grab something other than hair. Actually, the first shave was terrible, but no blood. Just raw skin, no bumps or anything. The second shave drew blood, around my mouth. After the first shave, I thought it was me so I over applied lather. Very wet lather, piled on. Other than the two cuts, I had the worst reaction from the aftershave that I have ever had. Like fire for more than five minutes! So that clued me in that something must be wrong with the blade. And what I found out is above, user beware.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Be careful summoning Ouch like that. He's kind of like Beetlejuice.

Sounds like those aren't the blades for you. Keep on trying others, my man.

Update! I have to in case somebody reads this in the future.

The Prolines are known to have an occasional bad blade. I should have tossed this blade, my fault. I still maintain that this blade was out of spec. However, despite my best attempt, I believe the blade moved while tightening. This is another known problem with these due to the shape of the cutout. Simply thinking it's centered isn't enough, you have to carefully check blade alignment before shaving. Or ever time you loosen and tighten the handle. I thought this was only a problem with certain razors, it is not.

Frankly, this is all too much trouble. I can't loosen the handle mid shave without risking having the blade slip. It took so much work to get it right that I don't feel comfortable loosening the handle between shaves. I have a method now, but the consequence of getting it wrong is not good. But for as long as the blade lasts, it does shave like I remember when I first tried them with another razor. Luckily for me, that's three shaves and they are cheap for Artist Club. YMMV

Top Bottom