What's new

Bic Chrome Platinum

Hi all. Was just curious what you all thought of the Bic Chrome Platinums? I was surprised to find them here in Thailand and have been very happy with them.so far they are my favourite blade and the most consistent for me.
proxy.php

I have some of these... For me they're okay - kind of a middle of the road type blade. I have a few blades that I actively dislike and won't use again, including Personna Platinum, Astra SS. Then there are the one's I really like and look forward to using, like Astra SP's. Then there are blades that I will use in a pinch, but are not a first choice, I would include VDH and these Bics.

My current assortment had two Bic Chrome blades. One was great, however the other had visible defects in the blade's cutting edge.

How much do they go for in Thailand? I buy them in Cambodia where I've seen $7.00-$9.00/100. My favorite blade though I do recognize they have more QC issues than most.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Great for razors that clamp the blades well like a Fatip OC or Karve CB, which eliminate flexing and chatter. If you use them in razors like the R41, you need to be extra extra careful not to end with 1000 weepers.

Sharp, smooth, lasting, picky with razors.

Occasionally you get a bad one made on a Friday. Dunking your face in hydrochloric acid is less painful than one of those.

How much do they go for in Thailand? I buy them in Cambodia where I've seen $7.00-$9.00/100. My favorite blade though I do recognize they have more QC issues than most.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
About 400 Baht for 100 on Lazada but you can get them cheaper if you find them locally

I have some of these... For me they're okay - kind of a middle of the road type blade. I have a few blades that I actively dislike and won't use again, including Personna Platinum, Astra SS. Then there are the one's I really like and look forward to using, like Astra SP's. Then there are blades that I will use in a pinch, but are not a first choice, I would include VDH and these Bics.
+1

Its a very durable and sharp blade, but not smooth for me. It has one hell of a bite. Cut my face all types of ways with the thing

I hated them in my Rockwell 6C & tried them one one more time last night on my RR Lupo with the same result. Way too much blade feel & felt like I was scraping my face with broken glass. Have not tried them in my SLOC.

Since many people here like these blades I'm going to assume I got a bad batch & will try them one more time next time I buy more blades to try. These are the only blades I have used that I absolutely hated! That's why I'm thinking I got a bad batch.

But them again maybe I didn't get a bad batch & these blades just don't work well for my face/skin since with blades YMMV.

I found them terrible. Think I gave them a 4/10 in my shaving notes, which was the lowest of all the blades I've tried (about 20 so far).

To be fair I only did one shave and only used one razor. As we all know, the razor head, blade gap, and angle all make a difference.

As someone said a month or so ago, the BICs are pretty much razor specific blades. In some razors they might seem rubbish to you, but if you find the right razor for them, they are excellent. That's why I've been accumulating a huge number of razors during the last 15 year. And I have to admit, finally I found the perfect match for my stash of BIC blades. For my beard and skin they shine in my Ming Shi 2000s.

Top Bottom