What's new

Best way to store new blades?

If you're talking about storing bulk blades in the long term, somewhere dry with a consistent normal house temperature should be fine. It wouldn't hurt to put a desiccant pack in with them to keep the moisture level down. I keep my stash of blades in an old shoebox on a closet shelf.

This. Much better than an airtight container that can as easily trap humidity as keep it out.

Mine are in the bathroom closet inside their original packaging. And the items are all inside a shower caddy that I picked up on clearance for $3 at Target.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I found these at Meijer. There is one in Ft. Wayne. They were less than 5 bucks each. and are pretty well perfect for razor blades.
They are in the arts & crafts section. They have a lid that snaps shut. Just placed like this for the photo.

I bulk store blades on a shelf in my office (out in the open air, not enclosed).

I take blades one tuck at a time into the bathroom and deposit them into a drawer. when I run out of a brand, I will unwrap/open another tuck and dump the tuck into the drawer (single wrapped blades), then go get another tuck for the drawer.

This seems to work for me as I only have 5-10 singles of any brand of blade in the bathroom at any given time or about 100 +/- blades in the bathroom

proxy.php

Hey, I was just reading through this thread and noticed this. You said you keep 100+/- blades at the ready and another bulk away as backup from what I understand. Do you enjoy having a large number of a large variety of blades? Cause I can't imagine how long it takes you to go through those. I shave every other day and each blade lasts me 3-6 shaves, so just the 100 in the bathroom would last me at a minimum 2 years...just curious, sorry

Hey, I was just reading through this thread and noticed this. You said you keep 100+/- blades at the ready and another bulk away as backup from what I understand. Do you enjoy having a large number of a large variety of blades? Cause I can't imagine how long it takes you to go through those. I shave every other day and each blade lasts me 3-6 shaves, so just the 100 in the bathroom would last me at a minimum 2 years...just curious, sorry

I have something like 8+ years worth of blades. It isn't a matter of enjoyment, really, rather just happened. And I'm probably small fry as far as blade supply among the members here.

I found these at Meijer. There is one in Ft. Wayne. They were less than 5 bucks each. and are pretty well perfect for razor blades.
They are in the arts & crafts section. They have a lid that snaps shut. Just placed like this for the photo.

:backs away from computer, gathers the boys and heads to Meijer:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
:backs away from computer, gathers the boys and heads to Meijer:

:lol: I hope you find them! I had been looking for blade storage for a few weeks prior, looking at Plano tackle boxes and everything. I worked for Meijer at the time and was roaming around wasting time (I no longer work there so i can admit that) and stumbled down the aisle and was like "BINGO!" I snatched up all 5 they had on the shelf. Just by chance...would have never thought to look there had I not been wasting time before the end of my shift.

Top Bottom