What's new

Best Travel Razor?

Gillette Sensor3 disposable works pretty good for me. I bring a fresh one each trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I travelled a whole year with a bunch of Kai disposable straight razors in my bag. I think it was because they were so small and they have a cover, nobody bothered to double check the x-ray imaging. I got nailed before my 32nd flight when I only had 2 left. Or if you don't want to risk it, you could try the new Kai paper razor! Kai launches "world's first paper razor" informed by origami - https://www.dezeen.com/2021/03/31/kai-launches-worlds-first-paper-razor-informed-by-origami/

I'm surprised not to see the Gillette Guard as a suggestion.
I don't know if it's the "best", but the Gillette Guard is what I use for travel. I bought several and only have two remaining after giving away the others as gifts. For those who don't know, it is a single-blade cartridge razor with a pivoting head. It provides a shave good enough to get through a business meeting or time with family and friends. YMMV

Most of my trips are to one of three locations to visit family. What I did a while ago was 3d-print three inserts for Altoids tins. I loaded each of them with a razor and blades. When I went to visit, I asked for a small corner of a sock drawer at each location. Now when I travel to those locations, I only need to pack a brush and soap and I can still enjoy a DE shave. The insert has a blade bank so I don't worry about safe blade disposal. I just thoroughly clean and dry the razor before I leave, place the tin in the drawer, and it's ready for my next visit.

Altoids Gillette Tech Travel Insert with Blade Bank

Last edited:
Since you are asking about 'Travel' and anything can be packed in checked luggage, I assume you mean carry on, which means disposables. The Bic Twin Select SE is IMHO the best disposable razor.

Since discovering the super cheap but fantastic Bic Metal, it’s become my standard. Fantastic single blade disposable and as light as a feather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All really great suggestions! I considered all of them but decided to go with a cartridge for my travel use, and I must say I'm actually really impressed! I went with the little-known Shavelogic S5 cartridge razor. It's actually been offering an incredible shave as far as a cartridge goes and actually on one pass can hold it's own to my Feather AS-D2 that I get in two passes. I wish I could just stick with the reliable DE (and I do when I'm home) but on the road, it means either using the Shavelogic S5, the Bic Metal (I can't find them here where I'm at) or the Bic Twin Select. I would rank them in that order for a best travel razor.

I don't have a specific razor in mind, but here are the criteria I would use:

1. A razor you wouldn't cry over losing.
2. A razor that you don't have to put a lot of thought into using - i.e., something you can put on cruise control.
3. A razor that will deliver an acceptable outcome (BBS vs. DFS with no cuts or weepers)

2. A razor that you don't have to put a lot of thought into using - i.e., something you can put on cruise control.
3. A razor that will deliver an acceptable outcome (BBS vs. DFS with no cuts or weepers)
In de
Gillette kcg
Snmirn
For carts no idea

This^^^^^^^^

I've tried the single edge BIC and the twin select. They're fine. My regular travel razor (when by car) is a Rockwell 6. On a plane, I still use my Gillette Sensor with two blades. Still the best cartridge razor imho. I have not tried the Gillette Sensor2 disposable or even the Amazon brand, Solimo? All have those annoying gunk strips, but I can accept that.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
"Gillette click"

1.It's Gillette.
2.It's all plastic and looks like a disposable prep under X-ray.
3.It's as cheap as the disposable type and can easily replace your favorite blades.
4.There are also various color versions to choose from.

Top Bottom