What's new

Best Pre Shave Cream in the UK?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post, I wasn't too sure.

I'm in the UK and I started DE shaving last week, Made a welcome post not long back ^^ and i've got the general idea and technique almost down to a T...just having problems with lather (Keep reading and re reading just need to get my techniques down right) But what I haven't got as of yet is a Pre shave cream, i've looked through the reviews and posts around the forum and a lot use prorasso, but I can't see it in the UK, only online , so I was just wondering if there are any decent brands that I can get to grips with that I can just walk into a shop like Boots, superdrug etc etc and pick up?

Thanks =D

All i have found that works is proraso pre I'm afraid. there has been nothing in UK chemists for me as of yet. Sorry

I ordered some Proraso that is due to arrive tomorrow. I haven't found anything in a shop yet that works. The closest I found was a King of Shaves pre-shave oil, but I don't care for it.

I'd love to hear of good products readily available here.

Nearly all of my shaving supplies have come mail order as there is just not the sort of shops locally that stock the items I like.

I have tried Proraso pre/post but got bit bored of it so I traded it. I also had a small bottle of T&H ultimate comfort pre-shave oil and it smells divine and works well. Next was eShave's almond oil which was a bit sticky but comes in a handy pump dispenser. Currently I am using Castle Forbes which has no scent but comes in a lovely glass bottle and has a unique effect. Given the 125ml size it is actually reasonable value at £25 and I will buy it again.

Although Noxema's texture and fragrance are not as appealing as Proraso Pre, it seems to provide a closer shave, is available in just about any supermarket or drug store, and costs something like 1/8th as much.

I'm sold on it.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will get some Prorasso soon but don't want to waste it while i'm still new to all this.

The Real Shaving Co do a pre shave mask, which is advertised as 'a hot towel in a tube'. I have not tried it yet, but its sold in boots. The Real Shaving Co products I have found so far to be pretty good.

Somerset Shave Oil works really well, too. It's supposed to be used as a stand alone shave oil, but it's great for prepping. Tesco's/Asda/Morrisons et al all sell it. It does smell a little potent, but it's virtually unnoticable under a lather.

Shoot me your address and I will throw a sample pot in the mail with enough for 1 or 2 shaves in.

Thanks for the offer, but you don't need to, I appreciate the gesture though ^^ Nice to know theres a lot of friendly people on here, wish it was the same on some other forums I visit

Somerset Shave Oil works really well, too. It's supposed to be used as a stand alone shave oil, but it's great for prepping. Tesco's/Asda/Morrisons et al all sell it. It does smell a little potent, but it's virtually unnoticable under a lather.

I've noticed that stuff, comes in a tiny bottle right? Can't remember how much it is though, i'm nipping into town tomorrow though find a nice bowl to lather up with I'll take a peak at it.

Trumper Coral skin food, or Castle Forbes pre shave are your best bet. Or Taylors pre shave oil not their gel, its terrible.

Depends where in the UK you are too. If you're lucky enough to live in central London most of the year then you have ready access to what is probably the best street for shaving supplies in the world.

Nah, not that lucky, I'm a Barnsley lad, I did manage to get some Oil, it's the King of shave oil, thought I might as well use something to start with, did manage to get some TOBS shave cream though, just this minute finished a shave with the rose, TKMAXX sells it, I'vep icked up 3

TOBS:
Rose
St james Luxury
Eton College (not a fan of the smell on that, it did make a damn thick lather though)

Thats all i've seen though, I want to try the lime, I might ask see if they stock more next time i'm in. I'm hopig to get myself some SCS cream though before international shipping finishes, i jsut need to wait until I get paid *Stares at the calander to move faster to the 25th)

Top Bottom