What's new

Best pipe tobacco scent EVER!

Bay Rum contains some eugenol (main component of clove oil).
Yeah, Bay Rum on its own is nice, but the addition of eugenol/clove oil is overdose.

Agreed. What I really meant was soaps that use the name or invoke the concept of "tobacco" scent somehow. And I love Tabac for the powdery quality, personally. It reminds me of something I can't quite place.

Do you like Arko, sanookd?
I don’t mind Arko. It’s in my den and I use it occasionally. It’s certainly not one of my favorites but for the way it performs , if the scent doesn’t offend you it IS good value. If I’m going to use a shave stick I prefer La Toja. I like that scent and it's a great value too.

Do you avoid Bay Rum too for the same reason?
This is an interesting question. I do not generally avoid Bay Rum. I do notice some irritation when I use Atomic Age Bay Rum Splash. I don't notice any irritation from Mike's Bay Rum which is all essential oils but does not appear to include clove. "Bay Rum (EO) - Spicy bay leaf combined with bergamot and a dab of vanilla." Nor do I experience any problems with Tallow & Steel Indian Bay. "Mandarin (52%) | Grapefruit (20%) | Bay (19%) | Pink Lotus(3%) | Jasmine (2%) | Coriander(2%) | Allspice (1%) | Nutmeg (1%) | 100% Essential Oils and Natural Extracts"

Last edited:
Another tobacco centric soap which interests me is Moon Soaps Havana though I have not tried it.

"What would you expect from a soap called "Havana"? Tobacco? Got it. Some citrus and spice from this Caribbean island? Check. Maybe a little musk and vetiver for a masculine, earthy vibe? Sure thing. And aged teakwood from the chairs and boat docks where you recline to enjoy your cigar? But, of course! Enjoy this intoxicating fragrance.

• Scented with vetiver, spice, musk, warm vanilla, and aged teakwood"

Top Bottom