What's new

Best Oil Free Moisturizer

I am in my 30s but still break out if I use certain things on my face. Right now I am using Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer. So far this is the best I've used but I want to try something different. I have tried Clinique M lotion (too thick), Origins Save the Males (good but don't like how it poors out of bottle), Cetaphil (too thick and won't absorb, and Jack Black (don't know which one but was too thick.

I just need something that is light weight, quick absorbing, oil free, non comeogenic, and won't clog my pores or cause break outs. I also do not want to pay over $20 for 1.7 ounce bottles. Baxter meets all my requirements. I like that it is less than $20 and is about 4 ounces.

I am a firm believer that it is possible to find something that meets these requirements and can be purchased at locally at Walmart, Target, etc.

I was thinking of Nivea Sensitive lotion, sensitive Neutrogena lotion, or the regular Neutrogena oil free moisturizer. All less then $10.

The Neutrogena one with SPF 15 is what I use. It doesn't clog my pores or make me break out. It's light weight. HOWEVER, it is greasy. Apparently it's a non oil grease? I don't know. I haven't had any additional problems with acne, but it makes my face shiny.

I'm looking for a new one with a higher SPF value.

I would encourage you to test out as many moisturizers as you can and do not worry whether it says oil free or not.

Sharps Oil Free SPF 15 Moisturizer is what I use now.

I haven't found many moisturizers over SPF 15 for men. I have had a few different dermatolgist tell me that sunscreen is very important and they recommend putting a layer on your entire body visible outside clothing every day. I usually just put SPF 45 on my face, and then put the moisturizer on

I opened up this thread to reply with "Baxter of California Oil Free Moisturizer" so you can imagine how surprised I was to see you use it now. I've tried many moisturizers and Baxter is top-notch....I doubt any of the cheaper ones at the chain stores will be as oil-free. There are two others you should try that are a bit more expensive: Trumper Skin Food (Lime or Sandalwood) and Gentlemen's Refinery Moisturizer. These don't seem to have any oiliness whatsoever. The GR is very pricey but it's a notch above even the Baxter.

I purchased Neutrogena Oil free SPF15 yesterday. So far it is better than I expected. A bit more greasy than Baxter but not that bad.

I plan on buying the Neutrogena sensitive skin for men if I can find it at the store.

Maybe I will try Kiehls facial fuel also.

If you have sensitive/problematic skin I would suggest using some of the "higher end" products. Even though you will be paying for the branding to some degree, you still should see better results using these products than using something purchased from Wal-Mart. Guys who don't have skin problems don't even have to use a moisturizer.

I like Jack Black's Double Duty face moisturizer. It seems to moisturize better and leave my face less oily than Baxter's. C.O. Bigelow also makes a pretty good series of oil free moisturizers. You will need to go to the C.O. site to find them though.

I use:

1. Trumper's Moisturizer
2. NancyBoy Facial Moisturizer

Great stuff...doesn't feel oily on face.

Note that for moisturizer to have BEST effect, you need to cleanse face of existing oil/dirt/dead cells...For that I use Desert Essence Facial Wash...very gentle on face and very, very effective. I think Alba makes something similar. Both are very natural.

Cheers,
Robert

Generally I use either Hobe Naturals Grapeseed oil, or Corn Huskers. With the grape seed oil, a little goes a long way, unless you have really dry skin.

Sorry, I see you were looking for oil free. Well, I'm pretty sure the Corn Huskers is oil free. You may have to find it in a grocery store. When you first put it on, it does not seem like it will dry, but it does. Don't ask me how this stuff works, but if you use it regularly, it works like nothing else. A little of it spreads a long way.

Last edited:
The MenScience moisturizer is great, IMO. Pricey, but you really don't need to use much and it lasts a long time. It's lighter than Baxter's, and it absorbs faster.

If you have sensitive/problematic skin I would suggest using some of the "higher end" products. Even though you will be paying for the branding to some degree, you still should see better results using these products than using something purchased from Wal-Mart. Guys who don't have skin problems don't even have to use a moisturizer.

I like Jack Black's Double Duty face moisturizer. It seems to moisturize better and leave my face less oily than Baxter's. C.O. Bigelow also makes a pretty good series of oil free moisturizers. You will need to go to the C.O. site to find them though.

Maybe I will try Jack Black again. I a vague memory of trying a sample and it was a bit too heavy and greasy but I could be wrong.

The MenScience moisturizer is great, IMO. Pricey, but you really don't need to use much and it lasts a long time. It's lighter than Baxter's, and it absorbs faster.

This...I switched from Baxter to Kiehl's and now Menscience. A little more expensive than the others but much better product. Actually, I've tried many Menscience products and there all top notch. If you take into account the free shipping, no tax, and 15% off discount code, Menscience is about the same price as the others.

This...I switched from Baxter to Kiehl's and now Menscience. A little more expensive than the others but much better product. Actually, I've tried many Menscience products and there all top notch. If you take into account the free shipping, no tax, and 15% off discount code, Menscience is about the same price as the others.

So what is the discount code?

Is the Neutrogena working? I've used it for months and it hasn't made me break out. The only reason I want to switch is because I'm using Retin-A Micro and I want something with a higher SPF.

I've been using Kiehl's Facial Fuel with SPF 15+, which I find to be light-weight, non-oily and generally pleasant to use. I'm quite breakout prone, especially with the wrong moisturiser, and found this to be great!

Is the Neutrogena working? I've used it for months and it hasn't made me break out. The only reason I want to switch is because I'm using Retin-A Micro and I want something with a higher SPF.

I returned the Neutrogena because it felt a bit oily. I then purchased Purpose moisturizer. It was similar to Neutrogena but made me break out a bit. Right now I don't have any moisturizer except for a few Kiehl's samples. I wonder if SPF would cause break outs and greasiness?

I've been using Kiehl's Facial Fuel with SPF 15+, which I find to be light-weight, non-oily and generally pleasant to use. I'm quite breakout prone, especially with the wrong moisturiser, and found this to be great!

I am using some samples of Facial fuel right now. It feels better than the Neutrogena but it still leaves my face greasy after an hour or so.

Anyone have the discount code for menscience?

What is the code for this? Is it still effective?

Top Bottom