What's new

Best non-lathering cream?

So this one is for my wife. She prefers the non-lathering shaving creams to the canned foam and i’m actually running out of brands for her to try. I’ve thus far bought every flavor of cremo as well as barbasol 1919. She preferred the 1919 to cremo but wasn’t a fan of the scent. Any recommendations as to good non-lathering creams?

Reuzul makes a non layering Shave cream in a tin that is probably my favorite non Lathering creme. Kind of a light barbershop smell (subjective term). It's a great performer. I also like Lucky Tiger liquid shave cream which far exceeded my expectations, not just a novelty product. Citrusy smelling and another slick and fine performer.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
i went through a non lathering phase.

Best I found was Marlowe.

I tried somewhere between 10-20? been awhile.

IME Cremo (blue) does lather, but if it counts as "non-lathering" then any shaving cream applied by hand will be non-lathering.

By non-lathering i just mean brushless. I couldn’t for the life of me think of the term last night! Thanks for all the responses and more are appreciated!

Schaf Shave Cream

Hyaluronic Acid and Aloe Vera hydrate for a soothing, irritation-free shave that doesn’t dry out skin
  • Especially formulated for sensitive skin
  • Exceptional slip for less nicks and irritation
  • Reduces drag that can cause razor burn
  • Fragrance-free and soap-free
  • Ideal for even the most sensitive skin
  • For women & men, wherever you want to shave ;-)
  • For all skin types.
Awarded Best Shaving Cream 2018 by Fashion Magazine.
Awarded Best Shaving Cream 2019 by Elite Beauty Awards.

I have tried a couple of non-lathering shave creams like Jack Black and Alba Botanica, but I do not like them. Trader Joes sells a Mango shave cream that I believe is made by Alba Botanica. I love the scent, but not the performance.

I use Cremo shave cream when traveling, but I usually take a synthetic brush to lather it. It combines well with water and becomes incredibly slick.

Personally, I find that conditioning shampoos work very well for shaving. If you wife has not tried that, I would suggest that she do so.

Trader Joe’s is a bargain. $4 for 8oz if you buy in store. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom