What's new

Best Modern SE Razor?

I have limited experience overall with se, but I am getting great results from the razorock hawk v3. I would love to try a paradigm or vector, but I honestly don't know how much better it could be.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Awaiting arrival of my razorock eco razor and a tub of their shave cream / soap. Really looking forward to trying it oit.

Guitarslinger, what finish do you have your sabre in? Also what plate do you have? Just couple questions, been thinking about getting one myself.

Modern SE's....I have/had the following, in addition to a ton of vintage SE's:

ATT SE1 & SE2
Blackland Sabre L2
Blackland Vector SB & OC plates
Occam's OREN NANO (three dot plate)
Occam's Hiram (three dot plate)
Razorock Hawk A plate
Supply V2 (using 3 dot plate and manually loaded schick twin blades)
Parker Adjustable Injector
Razorock ECO (half DE)

For all these, and there are some good ones in here, one or two not so much but for the good for me:

I would not be without a Nano and the Supply Injector with that blade/plate setup sings too. Also find the economical RR Eco to be a pretty good, quick, economical shaver for the $ and depth of blade choices.

I would scoop up a Classic Cobra if they do another run of them to try it, a friend has one and uses it often.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have Three modern SE razors and very impressed with them. I have about 30 modern & vintage SE razors and they work my beard very well and had a lot of enjoyment finding and collecting them over the last 4 years.
These three modern SE razors work just as well as my vintage SE razors and I really enjoy using them.
TNNSER 3D printed by @twhite, nice mid range uses Gem blades........Yaqi Excalibur, tame mid range uses AC 50mm blades.
Tom White 3D Printed razor TNNSER.jpg
Yaqi excailbur comparison V1 to V2 (4).jpg

Have some great shaves!

I saw that Bullgoose is planning to release another run of the Asylum Rx. I remember when it was originally available thinking it looked like a cool razor, but I couldn’t afford it at the time. The way the head fit together was interestin. Is anyone still using theirs? How does it hold up to some of the more recent designs like the Vector?

Way more aggressive than Vector, which I found too mild. My favourites are the Cobra Classic and Hiram Commander 3 dot plate.

G

Guest2023

Some models come to my mind. Colonial General V2, Blackland Sabre, O.R.E.N and Paradigm SE are the best I've tried.

Top Bottom