What's new

Best Modern SE Razor?

I really liked the V1 but the V2 is better. Smooth easy to maneuver and efficient. I also had the Vector and it too was a great razor but it felt too dainty and I did not like the handle.

I really liked the V1 but the V2 is better. Smooth easy to maneuver and efficient. I also had the Vector and it too was a great razor but it felt too dainty and I did not like the handle.

Just curious, how long did it take for your v2 head to arrive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the last month, I bought 4 SE RAZORS. I wanted a rotation of. SE razors as well as DE
I bought

COLONIAL GENERAL SS V3: very smooth! I love it
ATT SE1. heavy, but in a good way. Very efficient and still pretty smooth
BLACKLAND VECTOR: most maneuverability , but had to replace slippery handle. Dropped it several times. Covers more territory per pass.
RAZOROCK HAWK SS V3. Perfect balance, easy to find/keep correct angle. Inexpensive.
ALL WORK GREAT WITH PROLINE BLADE
So now I have 4, and will keep all 4 for a rotation.

I have two SE razors - an aluminum ATT SE1 and a Razorock Hawk V3-OC. I'm new to SE game.

I used the SE1 a few times and I find it smooth and relatively efficient. I'm sure the SS version is even more efficient. I shaved with the Razorock Hawk V3-OC today. My first shave with both of these razors has been pretty good. The SE1 feels a bit smoother but I think that is to be expected since it is a solid bar and lighter. I've enjoyed both on the first shave with a Schick Proline blade.

I have coarser hair under my jawline and a slightly sensitive neck -- I found these razors to work well on first use. I know the shaves will get better as I use them.

At some point, I might try to get the SS version of the ATT SE1.

Paradigm Titanium SE - hands down the best razor I own (but I only have 9 so not a massive comparison)

have been using the feather pro blades and it’s great

just tried it with a Feather super pro and it makes it much more efficient (more blade feel though)

3A1C3684-168F-4CC3-AC67-5820E63B9EEA.jpeg

I have two SE razors - an aluminum ATT SE1 and a Razorock Hawk V3-OC. I'm new to SE game.

I used the SE1 a few times and I find it smooth and relatively efficient. I'm sure the SS version is even more efficient. I shaved with the Razorock Hawk V3-OC today. My first shave with both of these razors has been pretty good. The SE1 feels a bit smoother but I think that is to be expected since it is a solid bar and lighter. I've enjoyed both on the first shave with a Schick Proline blade.

I have coarser hair under my jawline and a slightly sensitive neck -- I found these razors to work well on first use. I know the shaves will get better as I use them.

At some point, I might try to get the SS version of the ATT SE1.

Hi @chillybase,
I own ATT SS SE1 which always provides me smoothness and efficiency.
SS version (with Kronos handle) is a bit too heavy, but I suspect an aluminum one may be lose much efficiency.
I am on the fence of getting an aluminum cap and base plate to couple with my SS handle.

In the last month, I bought 4 SE RAZORS. I wanted a rotation of. SE razors as well as DE
I bought

COLONIAL GENERAL SS V3: very smooth! I love it
ATT SE1. heavy, but in a good way. Very efficient and still pretty smooth
BLACKLAND VECTOR: most maneuverability , but had to replace slippery handle. Dropped it several times. Covers more territory per pass.
RAZOROCK HAWK SS V3. Perfect balance, easy to find/keep correct angle. Inexpensive.
ALL WORK GREAT WITH PROLINE BLADE
So now I have 4, and will keep all 4 for a rotation.

I also swapped the Vector handle, it is very slick when hands get wet! Still waiting on my General v2, showing delivery tomorrow. Really excited to give it a go. I love the Vector, todays shave was one of the best I’ve had in a long time.

Blackland Vector for me. Artist Club blades never worked for me, the Mongoose, Cobra Classic, and SE1 all gave me major irritation and nicks. The Vector is smooth as silk and incredibly maneuverable. The handle works great for me, no complaints.

I also swapped the Vector handle, it is very slick when hands get wet! Still waiting on my General v2, showing delivery tomorrow. Really excited to give it a go. I love the Vector, todays shave was one of the best I’ve had in a long time.

This is probably my best razor -- out of 50 or 60, DE and SE -- modern and classic.

The Vector handle is not "slick". It is simply a matter of technique.

And, it is the same with every razor -- the shaver must rinse periodically under a small drip of hot water, and the handle will immediately "grip-up"... This even works for custom varnished handles from Elite. Try it....

I have a few SE’s and nearly every single one delivers excellent shaves in both AC & GEM style blades. But, I’d like to throw one into the field that doesn’t get much talk and it’s a shame. For me, this razor delivers a similar, not identical shave to the Cobra razor that I believe it was designed to replace (just my opinion). And it’s the Enoch by Classic Shaving. A superb shaver that is mid-aggressive, well balanced and competitively priced. Good blade feel with very nice smoothness and not intimidating at all. The handle feels a little on the thin side but, offers good grip with a flared end for balance. It’s a 3 piece design that nearly mimics (some would argue identical to the Asylum RX which it definitely shows design cues of) the tongue & groove arrangement/design of the RX.

Like I stated previously, I own quite a few of the modern SE’s today and the Enoch shaves as good as any of them. I would not hesitate in recommending a new or seasoned shaver in trying the Enoch.....

0C686DFB-A305-4988-9222-AB3EA63E3288.jpeg

17375349-BE0A-4112-95DA-76F56A404983.jpeg

I've had the vector for a week or so and am experiencing a lot of tugging with it - does anyone have any advice as to angle, etc? I also have a Paradigm AC SE which I love, and have had Colonial General (both versions) and SE1. Thanks and any advice appreciated.

I've had the vector for a week or so and am experiencing a lot of tugging with it - does anyone have any advice as to angle, etc? I also have a Paradigm AC SE which I love, and have had Colonial General (both versions) and SE1. Thanks and any advice appreciated.

It’s tough to diagnose from afar, but based on previous experiences my guess is that you’re not applying enough pressure. That is, the tugging is actually skipping because the head is so light. With the other razors you’ve listed you can let gravity do the work and it keeps the razor planted, letting you plow through hair without adding pressure. The standard advice for a stainless razor is to let the weight work for you. That advice doesn’t work with the Vector. It is so much lighter than other razors that you have to replicate the force that gravity exerts on a heavier razor.

TL;DR: Add more pressure during your shave. If that doesn’t help, try a different blade. Angle is less of an issue, I suspect.

Great advice - thanks Shane. Now that you mention it, the sensation is one of skipping as much as tugging. And the head is definitely a lot lighter than the other SE's I've had. Blade is a Proline with 2 uses so I don't think is the issue. I've been conditioned to let the weight of a stainless razor work for me, so applying more pressure didn't occur to me. But I will give it a shot tomorrow and post how it goes. Definitely glad I asked.

Top Bottom