What's new

Best MENTHOLATED soap/cream?

“Coldest” mentholated soap/cream?

• Total voters
Used up half a sample of Stirling Wintergreen last year that my dad gave me which was pretty sweet but out of the options Proraso Green takes the cake for me. Will always have some of that around.

I have a tiny squeeze bottle that comes out in the summer, half full of vodka, half menthol crystals that have dissolved. Then all soaps and aftershaves can be mentholated! One drop for slight chill, two decent cooling, three MITA level, four will numb your face! So nice to be able to mentholated summer champs like Castle Forbes Lime or Thomas Tew (fresh orange). JM

I have a tiny squeeze bottle that comes out in the summer, half full of vodka, half menthol crystals that have dissolved.

I did that too this year. My recipe used glycerine as well.

I also love a soap that doesn’t get mentioned much these days - Catie’s Bubbles, Glacé Herbe. It’s a nice vetiver and menthol soap.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My choice below (latest Super Formula version).

20220601_163724.jpg

1658836653376.jpeg

What struck me when I saw this add for the first time:
Would I trust the recommendation of a group of barbers who all sport a beard? :sneaky2:

It’s almost as bad as following the recommendation of a wine steward who does not touch alcohol. :001_cool:

Anyway, I find Pororaso a bit too overpowering for my taste and prefer the more subdued Lea Menthol shaving cream that gives a more refined blast of freshness.
Unfortunately, not on the OP’s list.

B.

Last edited:
View attachment 1494324

Would I trust the recommendation of a group of barbers who all sport a beard? :sneaky2:

It’s almost as bad as following the recommendation of a wine steward who does not touch alcohol. :001_cool:

Anyway, I find Pororaso a bit too overpowering for my taste and prefer the more subdued Lea Menthol shaving cream that gives a more refined blast of freshness.

B.
Sorry about omitting your PREFERRED mentholated cream, but frankly, I wasn’t aware of it, much less used it.

Must be a EUROPEAN brand. 🤔🇺🇸

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
View attachment 1494324

B.
Sir, the guys you see in that photo are Master Barbers from Schorem in the Netherlands. It's one of the most famous and well regarded barbershops in the world. Do I trust them? Absolutely yes!!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Mr @RicoSuave what is truly amazing for me is that Proraso is dirt cheap here in Italy. Average prices below:

- Preshave cream € 4,50
- Shaving cream and soap € 2,20
- Aftershave (100ml) € 4,80

Honestly, what should I desire more? :thumbup1:

Thanks! Yes...it's from Yaqi but the actual soap maker is from Master Soap Creations who makes the soaps & aftershaves for Yaqi...
Wait… so “MSC” makes it, but it’s BRANDED as “Yaqi?” 🤔

(BTW, I miss your “photo shoots.” Don’t get LAZY on me, “Chard!” 👍🏼😆)

Mr @RicoSuave what is truly amazing for me is that Proraso is dirt cheap here in Italy. Average prices below:

- Preshave cream € 4,50
- Shaving cream and soap € 2,20
- Aftershave (100ml) € 4,80

Honestly, what should I desire more? :thumbup1:
Luckily, the Proraso “green” line is my “D.I.” pick, as in, if I were stuck on a DESERTED island, and could only have ONE product line to choose from, “Proraso” would be it. 😊

(Then again, if I were stuck on an island, would I even bother SHAVING, or go “au natural” ala Tom Hanks in “Castaway?” 🤔🏝🏐😆)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Luckily, the Proraso “green” line is my “D.I.” pick, as in, if I were stuck on a DESERTED island, and could only have ONE product line to choose from, “Proraso” would be it. 😊

(Then again, if I were stuck on an island, would I even bother SHAVING, or go “au natural” ala Tom Hanks in “Castaway?” 🤔🏝🏐😆)
Agreed 100%, Sir. :yesnod:

On a side note, it would be fantastic if the Ludovico Martelli Company made a complete Yellow line. Sadly, to date it's been limited to the canned foam. :sad:

AdP?” 🤔

SMN?” 🤔

AdP: Aeroport de Paris, France ✈️

SMN: Servicio Meteorológico Nacional, Mexico 🌦️🌩️🌤️

I had no idea that these organisations distribute shaving soaps or creams.

But then again, airport waits can be quite long, and Mexico being a hot country, the SMN shaving soap/cream might well be mentholated, which would fit this thread. :thumbup1:

Seriously, sometimes I wish people were not quite as keen throwing abbreviations around - at least if they want people to understand what they are saying. :wink2:

B.

Last edited:
Top Bottom