What's new

Nominees for best NEW release, soap/cream, of 2021?

Based upon what I used this year, the best new releases are either the Lothur V2 base, the new Mallard Grooming Dept base, or Ethos Vanilla Safi, which is not so much a base as a one-off. But since @Peak93 put the B&M Omnibus above the Lothur v2, I guess I've got to try it!

Another vote for B&M’s Omnibus base. B&M has never quite been #1 for me, but it is now. I am finding it very hard if not impossible to use anything else since I started using Vespers in the Omnibus base. It lathers wonderfully and easily, is slick and protective, and has a superior post shave feel. It feels almost heavier on your face than other shaving soaps, but it isn’t. And while being “low structure,” it give previously unheard of protection. I‘ve ordered Seville and Cheshire and Lavanille in the Omnibus base as well, so that at least I’ll have some variety with respect to scents. I have other great soaps, but I’m not using them right now.

Don’t know if this is a thing here already (and if it is feel free to ignore), but, with the end of the year in sight, just wanted to start a thread on what we believe to be the best NEW release, in either soap or cream, of 2021.

I’ll start it off - for me, hands down, no question, it has to be Spearhead Shaving Company’s “Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime.” 🏆👏🏼

I purchased a whole tub, full price, scent unsmelled (?), based on the rave recommendation of a You Tube influencer I respect, and I did not regret my decision at all.

Although a bit pricey, the scent of “SSL,” a blend of “barbershop,” lime, spice, and “je ne sais quoi,” is so INTOXICATING, that I’ve purposely avoided using it that often, in order to make it last that much longer. I haven’t felt that way about another soap/cream this year. 😍

How ‘bout you, gents? What NEW release do you feel deserves to be nominated best NEW release of 2021? 🤔🥇☝🏻
I’ll start it off - for me, hands down, no question, it has to be Spearhead Shaving Company’s “Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime.” 🏆👏🏼

I definitely feel the same way. Addition to the incredible smell the soap is top-notch.

Another vote for B&M’s Omnibus base. B&M has never quite been #1 for me, but it is now. I am finding it very hard if not impossible to use anything else since I started using Vespers in the Omnibus base. It lathers wonderfully and easily, is slick and protective, and has a superior post shave feel. It feels almost heavier on your face than other shaving soaps, but it isn’t. And while being “low structure,” it give previously unheard of protection. I‘ve ordered Seville and Cheshire and Lavanille in the Omnibus base as well, so that at least I’ll have some variety with respect to scents. I have other great soaps, but I’m not using them right now.
Agreed.

Recently got “Leviathan,” in the “Omnibus” base.

Say what you will of the scent, the LATHER is impeccable. 😊💈

Don’t know if this is a thing here already (and if it is feel free to ignore), but, with the end of the year in sight, just wanted to start a thread on what we believe to be the best NEW release, in either soap or cream, of 2021.

I purchased a whole tub, full price, scent unsmelled (?), based on the rave recommendation of a You Tube influencer I respect, and I did not regret my decision at all.

Although a bit pricey, the scent of “SSL,” a blend of “barbershop,” lime, spice, and “je ne sais quoi,” is so INTOXICATING, that I’ve purposely avoided using it that often, in order to make it last that much longer. I haven’t felt that way about another soap/cream this year. 😍

How ‘bout you, gents? What NEW release do you feel deserves to be nominated best NEW release of 2021? 🤔🥇☝🏻
I kept randomly bumping into glowing reviews of this soap and finally decided to give it a go. It's rare for me to do a blind purchase like this, but what the heck... I now have a jar inbound and look forward to giving it a go.

I kept randomly bumping into glowing reviews of [Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime] and finally decided to give it a go. It's rare for me to do a blind purchase like this, but what the heck... I now have a jar inbound and look forward to giving it a go.
Can't edit my previous post with an update, so here's my one sentence review:

Holy C--P, this is some good soap!

Voting for Wet The Face's new tallow-based soaps. I used The Quiet Man and was really surprised at how easy it was to lather and the slickness of it. Excellent product.

How did you find the fragrance and is there another Green Irish Tweed clone you might compare it to? I've only found one online review and it wasn't very favorable because of the lack of a scent. I don't know if the vegan or tallow version was reviewed.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
How did you find the fragrance and is there another Green Irish Tweed clone you might compare it to? I've only found one online review and it wasn't very favorable because of the lack of a scent. I don't know if the vegan or tallow version was reviewed.

The producer has YouTube videos...that's how I discovered him. I honestly can't compare it to any other Green Irish Tweed clone...it's my first rodeo with the scent. He has several scents for the tallow base soaps. My favorite scent of his is called Modern Barbershop. Unfortunately, he doesn't do that one in the tallow base. Maybe in time he will.

Top Bottom