What's new

Best Coffee Sampler Options?

All,

Now that I'm working with some consistent hand-grinders, I want to branch out from the standard Peet's ground coffee that I've been getting. I would try sampling some of the beans available at my grocery store, but 10+ ounces at a time isn't "sampling". Where should I look for sampler packages of medium-roast beans with chocolate/caramel notes?

Cheers and TIA,
FM

I should look a bit more for you, but off the top of my head Oynx Coffee Lab has smaller samples and top rated coffee. The best bet is probably one of the many coffee clubs that curate one or two bags a month to your taste at a time, but that sounds like what you are trying to avoid. If you have any coffee shop near you that sells beans, you can get as much or as little as like of different coffees.

I should look a bit more for you, but off the top of my head Oynx Coffee Lab has smaller samples and top rated coffee. The best bet is probably one of the many coffee clubs that curate one or two bags a month to your taste at a time, but that sounds like what you are trying to avoid. If you have any coffee shop near you that sells beans, you can get as much or as little as like of different coffees.
Thanks!

Yeah, no desire for a subscription. I want to find something that I like so that I can buy it, rather than having mystery beans show up regularly. I did stumble upon this:

Seems like a reasonable selection, I like the ethos and the price is right ($26 shipped for 1.5 pounds; 6 options at 4 ounces each).

To your other point, though, there's a local coffee shop/roaster that sells a lot of different beans. I'll have to pop in and see what I can get in bulk rather than pre-packaged weights. Thanks for the reminder!

Top Bottom