What's new

Best cheapest splashes

Which aftershave splash is best among the cheapest price range (until 35-40$)
Feel free to suggest :)

Aqua Velva ice blue
Pinuad Clubman
Old Spice classic
BRUT
Canoe
Proraso Green
Tabac
Skin Bracer

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Will try to keep my selections under $20.

Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Pinaud Clubman Vanilla
Lustray Coachman
Lustray Spice
Lustray Blue Spice
Gabels Bay Rum
Stephans Bay Rum
Old Spice
Old Spice Lime

For Spring and Summer, I'd suggest Proraso Green splash in the 400ml giant size bottle. Very refreshing and cooling with just the right amount of menthol. Good soothing and healing effects. Pleasant scent that does not linger too long. It's a much better deal in the large bottle. Shop around and you can get one for $25 or less with free shipping. Don't pay $14 for a small 100ml bottle, that is crazily overpriced.

1650962011079.png

Last edited:
For Spring and Summer, I'd suggest Proraso Green splash in the 400ml giant size bottle. Very refreshing and cooling with just the right amount of menthol. Good soothing and healing effects. Pleasant scent that does not linger too long. It's a much better deal in the large bottle. Shop around and you can get one for $25 or less with free shipping. Don't pay $14 for a small 100ml bottle, that is crazily overpriced.

View attachment 1445807
I already have it and did not really like it, the faint smell disappears pretty quickly. It also burns the skin more than usual immediately after putting it on.

I already have it and did not really like it, the faint smell disappears pretty quickly. It also burns the skin more than usual immediately after putting it on.
OK, in that case, you might like Stephan 320 for warm weather. This comes in a barber size 15 oz. bottle for around $7-8. Scent is a barber shop type with mint and tonka bean. Very mild sting and the scent lasts maybe an hour or two.

Stephan also has the Spice which is a bit like Old Spice but not so strongly scented. Pretty nice. The bay rum I like a lot, but if you want something that lasts a really long time these do not. That's not really what aftershave is for. You can put on a cologne for that.

1650963913399.png

Best out of your list is Brut!

All these are under 20
Ogallala bay rum double strength
Ogallala bay rum limes and peppercorn double strength
Clubman Whiskey Woods
Clubman Lime Sec
Brut
English Leather, one of these days I gotta try el dorado

until 35-40? I'd consider 25ish even upper range...
Aqua Velva Ice Sport
if you count it Osage Rub
Old Spice
Brut
Gillette Cool Wave
Stirling
B&M
PAA out of quite a few sampled maybe 2-3 were definite keepers

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The ingredients for Bootlegger's aftershaves are inexpensive. By combining them per the recipes, you get world class aftershaves for a very reasonable cost.

These are my favorites from the Official Bootlegger’s Recipes:

El Dorado
2 Parts: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
2 Parts: Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla
1 Part: English Leather

Original Bay Rum
1 Part: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
1 Part: Master Bay Rum
1 Part: Superior 70 Bay Rum

Lime Bay Rum
1 Part: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
1 Part: Master Bay Rum
1 Part: Superior 70 Bay Rum
1 Part: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

Green Freeze
1 Part: Osage Rub
1 Part: Mennen Skin Bracer

I especially like the El Dorado and the Original Bay Rum. Two favorites that I use often. :)

Hey guys, newbie here. Has anyone ever tried this scent? My Barber is is what people refer to as old timey nowadays. Still offers a hot/wet shave around the ears and neck after a cut. Just comes with the package so to speak for a whopping $12 a cut. For the last 40 years it has always been $10 until after we came out of the Pandemic so to speak. Anyway he has the normal run of the mill Clubman & Stephan items but what I was wondering was if anyone had ever tried this particular scent of Clubman?
I have never seen it before...Thanks in advance

Clubman Pinaud Eau de Quinine - https://www.fendrihan.com/products/clubman-pinaud-eau-de-quinine?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw06OTBhC_ARIsAAU1yOV8WEaJUXXdf6LkOJ0FD_9wY7-AiLiUo_gtkkT_CoqNIZu1k9klTzEaAi0VEALw_wcB

4-27-2022 9-22-05 AM.jpg

Hey guys, newbie here. Has anyone ever tried this scent? My Barber is is what people refer to as old timey nowadays. Still offers a hot/wet shave around the ears and neck after a cut. Just comes with the package so to speak for a whopping $12 a cut. For the last 40 years it has always been $10 until after we came out of the Pandemic so to speak. Anyway he has the normal run of the mill Clubman & Stephan items but what I was wondering was if anyone had ever tried this particular scent of Clubman?
I have never seen it before...Thanks in advance

Clubman Pinaud Eau de Quinine - https://www.fendrihan.com/products/clubman-pinaud-eau-de-quinine?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw06OTBhC_ARIsAAU1yOV8WEaJUXXdf6LkOJ0FD_9wY7-AiLiUo_gtkkT_CoqNIZu1k9klTzEaAi0VEALw_wcB

View attachment 1446478
That's a hair tonic.

I like a lot of the stuff mentioned, but I'd add a second vote for Lustray Coachman, and Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, Master Lilac Vegetal, Master Challenge (all of the Master AS that I've tried are good), Gabel's Drops of Lime and Stetson AS

Top Bottom