What's new

Best cheapest splashes

Ive got to go with:
Brut
Gables Bay Rum (both original and with menthol)
Skin Bracer
Barbasol Brisk (if you come across any)
Pinaud Lime Sec
Cuba Gold
AquaVelva Blue is great for some. I cant wear it. With my chemistry it smells like pure skunk after 5 min.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hey guys, newbie here. Has anyone ever tried this scent? My Barber is is what people refer to as old timey nowadays. Still offers a hot/wet shave around the ears and neck after a cut. Just comes with the package so to speak for a whopping $12 a cut. For the last 40 years it has always been $10 until after we came out of the Pandemic so to speak. Anyway he has the normal run of the mill Clubman & Stephan items but what I was wondering was if anyone had ever tried this particular scent of Clubman?
I have never seen it before...Thanks in advance

Clubman Pinaud Eau de Quinine - https://www.fendrihan.com/products/clubman-pinaud-eau-de-quinine?currency=USD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw06OTBhC_ARIsAAU1yOV8WEaJUXXdf6LkOJ0FD_9wY7-AiLiUo_gtkkT_CoqNIZu1k9klTzEaAi0VEALw_wcB

View attachment 1446478
Just noticed this, but it can definitely be used as an aftershave, according to the ingredients.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For me in Italy it's Floid and Proraso (now made by the same company).
Just to give prices to my US friends, here below how much these two outstanding barbershop aftershaves cost in Italy.

Floid The Genuine 400 ml €19.90
Proraso lotion 100 ml €4.80

Both actually have a price point that is less than €5 per 100 ml. Wonderful, don't you agree? :thumbup:

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Barbasol aftershave is, sadly, discontinued.
One of my dad's favorites was Skin Bracer Sport Talc. I used to splash that stuff on as a kid in the 80s which would slightly annoy him, ha. I wish it was still made. I need to pick up some on eBay at some point.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock Emperor - mocks Creed Aventis fragrance, $15 US It does have some staying strength but not a loud scent that drives every one out of the room.
Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood, nice fragrance with some staying strength with a touch of clove. As it dries down it becomes slightly sweeter scent, <$20US.
Razorock XXX- nice clean unique scent when it dries down. $13 US.
Proraso (Red) sandalwood- nice sweet Sandalwood scent that is for personal enjoyment. <$20 US.

Last edited:
Just to give prices to my US friends, here below how much these two outstanding barbershop aftershaves cost in Italy.

Floid The Genuine 400 ml €19.90
Proraso lotion 100 ml €4.80

Both actually have a price point that is less than €5 per 100 ml. Wonderful, don't you agree? :thumbup:
Good to know. What's the cost for the 400ml size of Proraso Green in its native country?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good to know. What's the cost for the 400ml size of Proraso Green in its native country?
Sir, it's the same as the 400 ml Floid. Honestly, I prefer the smaller bottles because easier to handle and store. Hence, I prefer the 100 ml Proraso and 150 ml Floid. Prices remain proportionally the same too, you won't pay more.

Top Bottom