What's new

Best Cart Razor?

I just bought a Personna M5 and really like it. It could be the old school products or better shave technique but it really shaves well. I'm not assumed to say this cart razor is going in the rotation.

Which cartridge razor do you believe is the best on the market?

Without a doubt, it has to be this one:

$B0062IWQVU-2.jpg

I'm shaving with this currently, and Gillette just keeps making their cartridge razors better and better. I know I probably just got myself disowned around here for the rest of the week now for endorsing a "5-blade cartridge nightmare" :wink2: but I still swear by them. That's not to say that I don't love my DE's, but none of them will ever compare to my Gillette cartridge razors.

I got great shaves from every cart I ever used. From the Sensor Excel up to the Current Fusion Proglide. Quick, smooth. fantastic shaves every time. Irritation or ingrowns were never a problem for me. I switched strictly due to the insane cost associated with using carts. My family gives me carts for Christmas and I'm totally fine with it. Cause when I need or want one I have them around, and best part is I didnt have to pay for them.

I always had better shaves with my MachIII than the Fusion. I shaved for about 4 years with a sensor excel but I don't remember anything so I can't tell about these : / LOLL

Sensor Excel was what I used to use, but they were expensive and still clogged with my thick beard. Bic Sensitive was the only thing I could use that was somewhat effective.

DE and SE razors made a drastic difference. Straights even moreso.

I agree with Phil's take on carts.

Without a doubt, it has to be this one:

View attachment 298188

I'm shaving with this currently, and Gillette just keeps making their cartridge razors better and better. I know I probably just got myself disowned around here for the rest of the week now for endorsing a "5-blade cartridge nightmare" :wink2: but I still swear by them. That's not to say that I don't love my DE's, but none of them will ever compare to my Gillette cartridge razors.

I shaved with a Fusion for 6 weeks and I can admit I got great comfortable shaves from it.I'm just put off by the price of the replacement cartridges.

Still use a Trac II from time to time when Im in a hurry and need to shave my head .Learned the hard way not to rush a headhsave with a De or Se. I use a metal handle for the Trac II the heavy handle balances out my guilt

Last edited:
I recently gave my old Sensor and MachIII a shot and out of the two the sensor came out on top. I also tried the Schick Hydro with 3 blades and was surprised by how comfortable it was to shave with, however it die not shave as close as the Sensor. None of these could however compete with any DE, SE or straight shave in terms of shave thoroughness.

I have just newly been infected by this illness and got my first glimpse of this world from AOS and they sell a full line of some nice Fusions I have been a fusion user for a few years now the back single blade is nice for below the nose to get in nice and tight but not any more Loving my Merkurs

Until recently I have used the Mach3 Turbo for about 10 years. I admit I can get great shaves with it but like others, I am so turned off by the price of refills. I am quite sure however, that when I get more comfortable and efficient with my straight

Nothing beats my 1930 New OC, but when I somehow manage to give myself a case of razor burn, I take a few days off with my Sensor.

Just used a twenty cent disposable from Dollar General (5/$1) since I wanted something to take on a flight. Ridiculously good shave for such a cheapie, but I do hate the idea of more landfill clutter.

I was partial to the Mach 3. They issued me the fusion in boot camp, and that is what made me want to get into wetshaving. The carts were much too expensive, and did not shave well around my adams apple.

Top Bottom