What's new

Best $100 DE Razor

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Karve Christopher Bradley in brass. With three different plates you will be set back Cdn 164 which works out to US$125.10.
For current production and $100 Karve would fit the bill nicely. RazorRock has some nice offerings, I've owned a GC and the Mamba and like the Karve better. The Gillettes are good suggestions, but not current production which the OP asked for.

Take away all my razors, give me $100 for one newly built razor.

Karve brass Christopher Bradley
3" handle
original cap
OC-D plate
and the OC-C plate if the exchange rate allows it

I'll shave happy. (And start acquiring vintage razors as soon as no one is looking.)

Raven Koenes

My precious!
FOCS- Fatip Lo Storto
035_40.jpg

Last edited:
Take away all my razors, give me $100 for one newly built razor.

Karve brass Christopher Bradley
3" handle
original cap
OC-D plate
and the OC-C plate if the exchange rate allows it

I'll shave happy. (And start acquiring vintage razors as soon as no one is looking.)
I recently got a Karve fatbody with a B plate and I love it so much I sold my 6S. Seriously has changed how I look at other razors.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Another vote for the Karve...I have a brass plate B with a custom handle. I bought the head and base plate only for about $53 US and was very impressed. With a Kai SS blade in it...it's amazing. This producer has something going on here. It's worth a look.

Another vote for the Karve...I have a brass plate B with a custom handle. I bought the head and base plate only for about $53 US and was very impressed. With a Kai SS blade in it...it's amazing. This producer has something going on here. It's worth a look.
My mind is actually blown at how good the karve razor is. I used to think the 6s was the best razor I’ve used. But it never gave me a bbs shave in two passes that last through most of the next day. I used the B plate with a sharks chrome blade and got no irritation or cuts. Wanted to use the c 0late the next day to compare but shave was so good I didn’t have enough growth.

I think the 6S is a solid razor, and great for figuring out what kind of aggression and blade gaps you like.

I just got a new Karve SB C yesterday, and my first shave, using a 7 o’clock yellow, was among the best I’ve experienced in 40 years of wet shaving. Highly recommended, and the wait time was only about 2 1/2 weeks.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Thank you. I like the look of most OC plates better than SB ones, but staring and shaving are different beasts sometimes.

Top Bottom