What's new

Before you order anything from AliExpress...

remember. March 27th I ordered the short gold handle for my DOC head. It took until May 1st to get to Los Angeles where it remained until yesterday. It's now in Carson CA just south of LA and hopefully it'll move normally now.

Sounds like customs delays aren't much different between Asia and Europe. 30 razor blades shipped from Frankfort, Germany the end of March took about 33 days to get. And yet, this month, my Italian Barber order arrived from Canada in 5 days.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
No one should be surprised that anything ordered from China will take exceptionally long to get over to the US, especially something ordered at that time.

Frankly, five weeks almost sounds like express mail right now.

Got an ink ball with a delivery date of the 28th June. Purchased in march. Apparently its stuck in UK customs. I bet it would have arrived by now if it was a person.

I ordered a new Semogue brush off of Ebay, from Portugal, back around April 14 . . . . . . I still am waiting for it.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I ordered something from Smoking Pipes, and did 2 day priority mail. They are US based. It made it to Irving, TX sort center in 2 day. It sat their for 4 days, then it spent 3 days to make it to Fort Worth sort (about 30 miles from Irving). I have a sister that works for UPS- they are having huge issues now, too. I would hold on blaming the vendor, especially overseas. US Customs can be a logjam during good times.

Yeah, thats the only bummer about Aliexpress. Shipping from China can take forever and in times like these it can take even longer than normal.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
All delivery services are experiencing Pre-Christmas like volumes with out letting up and probably no end in sight.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I never did get my shoes. They cost $53.99. I told the postman about it. He said he will help me.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
remember. March 27th I ordered the short gold handle for my DOC head. It took until May 1st to get to Los Angeles where it remained until yesterday. It's now in Carson CA just south of LA and hopefully it'll move normally now.
Air cargo is screwed up worldwide. I’ve been waiting for cigars from Zurich for over two months. Usually takes five days.

My order was placed with AliExpress on 03.30.2020, and I am still waiting. Their little tracking thingee says I should have it before 05.29.2020.

I'm not holding my breath.

At least some China-based vendors like Maseto is courteous enough to discourage orders until international shipping will be addressed.

All the items I've ordered through AliExpress and Wish have always arrived in 3-4 weeks. But now with this pandemic it really does take longer. I ordered a tuxedo synth brush from AliExpress on the 15.03.2020 and it arrived yesterday. Some of my friends have not had the luck I have and even without a pandemic they have waited up to 60 days for a package, sooo things from China take time :/

I've eliminated AliExpress as a source for merchandise. Too many delays even before the Corona Virus issue. Orders canceled by the sellers after a month or two delay. Just not dependable and I've found some stuff on Amazon cheaper than AliExpress with much faster shipping. I believe that some of the Chinese sellers have migrated to Amazon as I've seen similar merchandise there with shipping from China. Gearbeest is another site that I've stopped using. Their customer service is non-existent.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm waiting for a delivery of some household stuff. No borders to cross, just a UK retail chain. Got a text yesterday to say it would be delivered today, along with a tracking link. 10:30 ish, it was out (with everything else on the van) for delivery. Three hours later, it was showing as delayed, and they'll try again tomorrow. What happened to the rest of the afternoon?

My samples of pipe tobacco are coming from a shop an hour's drive away. Ordered Monday, cleared age check yesterday, won't even be despatched till Monday next week, might arrive by the end of next week.

Top Bottom