What's new

Before you order anything from AliExpress...

I'm going on 36 days and they haven't even shipped. I'm about to ask for a refund and tell them I'll resend payment once I get a tracking number to avoid losing my ability to CC dispute.

I ordered an automatic watch from a micro brand maker in Australia and it’s supposed to be here this Saturday and if it does show up it will have taken 47 days to get to me, it sat in a customs warehouse for weeks

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'm waiting for a delivery of some household stuff. No borders to cross, just a UK retail chain. Got a text yesterday to say it would be delivered today, along with a tracking link. 10:30 ish, it was out (with everything else on the van) for delivery. Three hours later, it was showing as delayed, and they'll try again tomorrow.

Same delivery...

I got a text this morning, saying the parcel was out for delivery, and would be with me between 11:30 and 15:30. Meanwhile, on their website, it said the parcel as expected to be delivered on Tuesday 26th.

Unsurprisingly, it didn't arrive.

This is DHL sending mixed messages, not the retailer.

Your item was ordered after the stay-at-home orders were put in place. I don't think people should be upset if an item takes longer to arrive. When ordering from ali-express, I don't order anything I consider essential.

Last edited:

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Your item was ordered after the stay-at-home orders were put in place. I don't think people should be upset if an item takes longer to arrive. When ordering from ali-express, I don't order anything I consider essential.

I don't mind the delays, but I do mind being told something that isn't happening. Being told the item is on the delivery van twice, when it wasn't, is not on. I just want a truthful update, even if that answer is "it's going to be another week/fortnight".

I don't mind the delays, but I do mind being told something that isn't happening. Being told the item is on the delivery van twice, when it wasn't, is not on. I just want a truthful update, even if that answer is "it's going to be another week/fortnight".
I agree completely with you. My comment wasn't directed towards your post, sir. I was commenting on the OP post about his Ali-express order.

I probably wouldn't order anything from AliExpress until there's a bit more "normalcy" and things are running again in general. I've usually had pretty good luck with orders there, most coming in 10-14 days. I never order anything from them where time might be a factor. I would order Christmas stuff in October and the first half of November. I watch for the "delivery by" date but don't have expectations that it will come sooner.

Slow mailing isn't just in China. I ordered a CD off Ebay from a seller in Great Britain. It took about 6 weeks to get to me!

I'm also waiting for items from AliExpress. I ordered most of it on March 27 during AliExpress' 10th Anniversary Sale. I suspect a lot of us got sucked in by the low prices.

Anyway, the shipping times have been all over the place. Two items (a digital timer and a 100-pack of M5 nylon washers) only took 5 days to get here. Then, some LED light bulbs arrived in 9 days, followed by a Futur clone razor just shy of two weeks. Those arrived pretty quick, so I was optimistic that everything else (the bulk of it from Yaqi) would show up soon.

Fast-forward to April 28... I sent a message to Yaqi asking for an update. They responded, as follows:
We are sorry to inform you that your order may be affected by the extended flight regulations of the local authorities in China. Affected by the outbreak, China only flies to one country every week. However, please be assured that we are making every effort to ship your package as soon as possible.

I pestered them and AliExpress for more info and learned that all of the ports (air and sea) are jammed up with tons of cargo waiting to get export clearance before getting on a plane or ship. As noted in the message, COVID-19 restrictions are to blame.

I got curious about the logjam of stuff just sitting in China, so I phoned an acquaintance at our local port. He said that they've seen an 85% drop in cargo containers from China since mid-February. Meanwhile, on the TV news, I heard that only one cargo flight per week is arriving at our local airport from China. That jibes with what Yaqi wrote above. Also, since these flights are crammed with PPE and other health-related cargo, it's unlikely that there's room for trivial stuff like shaving brushes. :001_rolle

Therefore, in a nutshell, all of our stuff is still stuck in China. If you see a message stating "Despatch from sorting centre", then it's in the logjam at one of China's ports (or possibly hasn't even left the warehouse). If it says "Received by line-haul" or "Handed to air transportation", then it's probably sitting at the airport.

Only the lucky folks who see the "Departed origin country" message might actually be getting their packages, assuming that Customs doesn't hold them for ages. Then, there's the delays from postal services that are seeing huge backlogs due to new package-handling protocols due to the pandemic.

So, gentlemen, looks like we'll just have to be patient. As mentioned by @dmshaver earlier, ordering anything essential right now is a fool's game.

Never had any issues with Aliexpress. Occasional vendors didn't ship within the timeframe listed on the site, but they hadn't been paid yet so I just pulled the orders.

One time I was sent the wrong razor, Aliexpress backed me and I got the full refund.

My Tatara order arrived today in California from Portugal, 6 weeks in transit.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

My shipment was DHL express, made it to hong kong in a few hours, Philly in a day, and it's been held for two days since (I'm assuming so their "express" doesn't step on the toes of their "overnight" service). Supposed to be delivered Monday.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Sounds like customs delays aren't much different between Asia and Europe. 30 razor blades shipped from Frankfort, Germany the end of March took about 33 days to get. And yet, this month, my Italian Barber order arrived from Canada in 5 days.
My last Shavemac order was shipped in the end of March, and it took a couple days shy of seven weeks to get here.
This was with mail. I also ordered some resin rods for brush handles from the UK, they were shipped DHL overnight and arrived with three days from ordering (this was mid May!!)....Right now I think the main problem is that most mail goes with normal flights, i.e. passenger etc. The shipping companies like DHL, FEDEX and UPS have their own fleet of planes, so they always fly. For my next order from Shavemac we use FEDEX as the shipper, hope this takes only a week or so. Bernd from Shavemac told me that at the present time they will not ship anything internationally with mail.

Top Bottom