What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2018

Elysian Brewing's Split Shot Espresso Milk Stout. Just okay, but nothing to get too excited about.

Kind of slim pickings this year! Last year about this time I was having a hard time keeping up with all the different and interesting offerings from craft brewers. Maybe Total Wine is dropping the ball by not getting the stuff in.

Don

Fremont Brewing Stone Squirrel coffee porter. New release.. Roasted coffee, chocolatey, just a little sweet.. Superb!

Founder’s Breakfast Stout on tap.

I was also able to pick up a 4 pack of Founder’s Sumatra Mountain and I’m looking forward to it.

Lol! Thought you might chime in! I did a double take when I saw it. Yeah, I do want that! Probably get a taste this weekend!

Founder's Sumatra Mountain Imperial Brown Ale. Lives up to the hype!

No doubt about it!

I wanted to get some pictures of this one but my computer has been a bit difficult lately... Crazy Mountain Brewing"s Care De Luna Black Ale. It's not super black; more of a deep copper, but it's very sessionable at 5% ABV. Crazy Mountain uses mythical animals to sell their beers. Cara De Luna features Sohalia, a barn owl/bat/lizard/woman combo. I don't know what their art director is thinking, but Cara De Luna is awesome. Smooth, slightly sweet, just an overall pleasant and enjoyable brew. This one was so good I'm thinking of trying other offerings from Crazy Mountain.

Don

Clipper City "Winter Storm"...good stuff indeed. Celebrating the removal and storing of the Christmas lights..always a joyous occasion for me! :a14:

D308B5AE-EE77-492D-AA41-269F3BF4F2AB.jpeg
A little too chilled, I’m afraid. Still delicious!

Wexford's Irish Style Cream Ale. Comes in a can, not quite a pint. I think they are trying to recreate the pub style draft with this one. Had one of those nitro widgets inside the can that caused quite an uproar on opening, but I didn't have any disastrous overflows. While it had a good, creamy head, this one was almost bland. There was really nothing to really enjoy in terms of flavor. Easy to drink, but nothing there to remember.

Don

Top Bottom